• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm fairly sure Artie will be having a dental this week

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Artie has had ongoing 'not sure what's going on' since mid-November, I always felt it was dental but didn't dare commit myself and my vets weren't ready to accept a tiny spur was causing the problems.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=155183
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=160387

He hasn't been eating as much hay for a couple of months and hardly eaten any in the last few days. He's had terrible sticky bottom most days for the last week. Vets gave him a thorough examination and a clean botty on Friday and Fri night/Saturday morning he didn't even eat many pellets :( I was given advice to cut veg and pellets to try to encourage him to eat more hay, which failed miserably.

I gave him some Metacam yesterday morning and he is eating, just nothing like as much as he should. His poops yesterday are very small and not many of them. He was however racing round like a teenager, bless him.

So, back to the vets tomorrow, cause I think all parties will have to accept his (now several) small spurs are stopping him eating hard food.

I'm scared witless of course, though I know he had a GA when he was deplummed at 6mths, so he has had one before, but he's now nearly 4 1/2 and I'm an over-anxious bunny mummy. He will be by third bunny to have molar spurs burred so I know the score but I can't bear the thought of anything going wrong and I'm in that frame of mind at the moment :cry::cry:

Oh poor you and poor Artie. I've been there with Gregory and know how worrying it is.

Spurs can of course stop them eating, and Gregory lost a lot of weight because of his. He has been much better since he had his incisors removed (they were being burred every 3 weeks) and he is now eating hay again which has helped his molars.

Hope all goes well tomorrow and hopefully you'll soon have a fully functioning bunny!

Back