• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bertie still so lonely...so sad to see

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:( poor bertie..hes still pining for bunny company.......he has been sleeping alongside the panels of the teeni twosome....bif n bandit....He looks longingly in as they sniggle and cuddle and wash..they meld themselves togehter so cute and poor bertie looks even more heartbroken.

We have tried bonding methods all over the show..we bonded bif n bandit eventually back to each other by letting htem exercise togehter in the lounge where their cages were. then when bonded we got them a thistle hall hutch in the lounge.
at that time willow was still with us...in the run up to her death we had bertie bif bandit and willow in a teeny pen at the other end of the lounge..it was going very very bad.....so we stopped for a few days best part of a week and in that week she passed suddenly:cry:

i spent ages trying to save bertie..it was very rough going and very expensive..thankfully pet plan have just issued checque:shock:

the buns have been getitng on pretty well..christmas day they were together for the whole day.......and not so much as one nip or jump!!

it was going really well..bif was washing berties eyes for him..and washing him he was washing her..bandit was washing bertie too...so lovely. they were in a failry ok mood formt hen with the odd squabble and the teenies not letitng bertie in the hutch..then they let him in and they all slept in the doorway..so cute. then along comes news year eve and again for the second year running bif freaks out and goes psycho!
shes settling a bit now..i had to confine them to hutch and pen for a week or so.....nowtheyve got the run of the lounge with bertie...its ok but then we have squabbles..bif usually the starter and finisher of ocurse..bossy little doe!

shes washed berties eyes and face tonite then they hadmild scrap..bandit chased bertie from the pen and hutch and nipepd his bum and head...then tonite he mellowed a little and was eating out of the same bowl as bertie cheek to cheek..bertie got fed up with the little black and white "dyson" and chased him to the side.

no real injuries but i do notice they tend to nip him too near to his eyes last time it was a vet visit. theres fur some days some days boxing...some days all huddled in one lump to keep warm...or alongsider each other in the hutch doorway as theyre all scared of fireworks etc.......

i hate putting the penpanels back up but theres no way i can supervise all the time..and dont know if i should even..i dont want to force arguements but im worried bout bertie..even when they rebond which im confident they will...being so close the two tinies will alays make him feel the odd one out wont they:(

ive been looking for a large lady friend for him but no luck yet..willow died end of october......hes a lonely boy. hes stopped wanting cuddles so much now..prefferring to lay outside the pen alongside the bars......i think hes definately trying to say something.

i cant bond em in neutral territory as there isnt any!! and im not using the bonding pen as bertie freaks out in it. sooo im using this method as it owrked with the buns bif n bandit and bertie was always very close to them even after the group was unbonded. willow however and bif were at each others throats non stop:(

will bonding him to them first be the best idea then bringing in another lady for him or find him a lady maybe persuade someone to bond him to a rescue lady bun and then for the two pairs to bond mauybe out in the garden in the warmer weather or bring out the pen depsite the furry outcries!

ah i dont know....poor bertie......i dont know what to do anymore.:?

Back