• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ouch, Ruby attacked me!

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Ruby came to us from a home, where the daughter was allergic, therefore didnt get much attention..

She was so frightened and in time, had gradually built up her trust. We always speak before approaching her and try to be as quiet and calm as possible whilst around her/holding her.

Tonight i went to get her out for a quick run around, whilst i tided her cage and she lunged for me, with both front paws and teeth. She went crazy, bolting around in her cage, ive never seen anything like this, so i removed my hand and spoke to her and tried again, same again, this time with grunting.

Never before has she behaved like this.

I asked the OH to try, he approached her, her ears went back and she proceeded to lunge again....

We have had to leave her, as she seemed to be getting stressed out...

Why is she doing this?

Shes around a year old and is un-spayed, spaying on Tuesday :)

I did think that, but Jesus, ive never seen anything like that before.

Honestly she was going crazy it was kind of scary...:shock:

She could be having a phantom pregnancy? Trying to defend the imaginary nest?

Hmmm good idea, as this did spring into my mind.
As she is indoor, she is on Vetbed and has hay in a hay rack.

Wonder if its that?

Roll on Tuesday!

Hmmm good idea, as this did spring into my mind.
As she is indoor, she is on Vetbed and has hay in a hay rack.

Wonder if its that?

Roll on Tuesday!

Maybe! I love bunnies! Imaginary babies! Do you think she went into imaginary labour :lol:

Good job her spay is on Tuesday.

Autumn was having a phantom when she was spayed, I mentioned it when she went for her myxi 2 weeks before, and the vet said to mention it when I booked her in, as although it is a phantom, the blood vessels are still taking more blood into that area, and therefore they need to be prepared.

He also said there is a slight increase in risk when operating at the time too, due to the increased blood. Not sure how true the info is, as I have never seen it on here before.

Also if she is bolting around her cage, make sure there is nothing she can damage herself on.

After Lola was speyed she had a little phantom and was quite aggressive, especially if we were trying to get her back in her cage - she would lunge and grunt and I hated it as she got so stressed out!

Hope Ruby si better today x x

My Phoebe will attack me if I smell like other buns and I am in her run or her shed. She gets very territorial even though she is spayed. I have to make sure I either clean and cuddle her or one of the buns in her group BEFORE i clean and cuddle our foster buns. OR wear new clothes.

Back