• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why Are REWs/PEWs so Unpopular ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
How could anyone not like them.............

Picture2823-1.jpg

MeandafewBuns076-1.gif

Picture2768-1.jpg

Picture2414-1.jpg

MeandafewBuns070-1-2.gif

Picture1770-1.gif

MeandafewBuns556-1.jpg

Picture1479-3.gif

MeandafewBuns613-1.gif

I love them..all the rews we've had through the rescue have had such wonderful characters..and we home them easily..it's the agoutis we have trouble homing:(

I think its bunny colourism.

people always go for the popular blues, and broken colouring rabbits.

i for one have a PEW, the black one as shes known, and an agouti beauty!!

the eyes scare me o_O
i dont understand why they just do!
We have a rew guinea piggle at college and i love him too bits but it still scares me abit.

I have always been terrified of pink or red eyed anything. When I was younger (about 6 or 7) my older cousin had a rew hamster and he told me that red-eyed animals belong to the devil and would kill you in your sleep :oops:
I've only recently overcame my fear and in a few weeks I'm getting a rew gerbil :D

I honestly cannot fathom WHY so many people seem to dislike them. :cry: I absolutely ADORE them! :love: The NZW who was my first ever bun 38 years ago endeared them to me for life!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

I had a gorgeous male REW dwarf lop called Benji :love: :love:, he was the most loving rabbit, always wanted a cuddle and would sit with you for hours. He amused us all with his antics-running around the garden with food in his mouth, coming into the house and exploring when the back door was open, his funny 'scanning' and demanding attention. He had such a wonderful personality and is sorely missed (by my dad as much as me! who spent his days in the garden with Benji running around in the garden or sleeping in his fav part beneath the trees). REW are deffo gorgeous rabbits!!

It's the eyes I think. Normally in the context of a living creature, red = blood, and there's all the folk tales etc involving malevolent red eyed creatures.

I have to say that REWs were my least favourite colour till I got one, although obviously I would never have let that stop me from getting one...buns need homes whatever colour they are. And now i have Apache i think he's the beautifullest thing ever, he's like a rabbit shaped marshmallow.

Although I don't have one I like pink eyes.

Maybe it's that people think there will be more health problems with them?

I would say I am least keen on REW's, I think it is because of the colouring, I don't really like any albino coloured animal. It wouldn't stop me having one, and in fact Snowy is a REW cashmere lop and I love him to bits, but I tend to prefer animals with strong colouring.
Strangely I love agoutis, but I'm not keen on chinchilla coloured ones, again I have 2 chinchilla lops and love them.

I would never refuse an animal because of its colour, but for example, would be delighted to get a black and tan bunny, I think they are georgeous.

Back