• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm thinking of finding a friend for Bella - questions

Loula

Mama Doe
I'm thinking about finding Bella a friend, not any time soon as I'm not financially prepared quite yet after Bella costing over £1000 in vets bills because of absesses over the last 5 months, but I wanted to ask before I really got my hopes up.

Would it be a problem bonding Bella with a neutered boy even though Bella has not been neutered.

I'd love to get her neutered, and she was previously booked in to be neutured, until the vet found loads of tiny absesses under her skin. She removed them all, but there are still small areas where they have returned, and the vets feel it is too risky to spey her incase the absesses spread thoughout her organs.

She's a house rabbit, and has people with her for around 18/20 hours a day, and she's a very lively well loved girl, but I'd love her to have some bunny love!

Last edited:
I think (though not 100% sure) that it might be a bit harder to bond her, but do-able... I think it's mainly the male that has to be done for a pairing to definatly work as if it's the girl done, not him he'd harass her.
For her health stopping her being done I'm sure it'd be fine as long as she was happy enough to be bonded

she's very friendly and sociable, and in the six months we've had her she has never shown any hostility, bitten, thumped, attacked etc, which is pretty suprising as she was unwanted breeding stock from a cramped little cage, with a mahoosive absess on her side that stopped her moving around properly.
all this makes me think she'd get on with another rabbit.hmm.

I think it'd be fine, I think the main thing with it is they're harder to bond but she sounds like a little angel!
As long as he's neutered (obviously) it'd be safe anyway...I think :) not an expert :lol: just my theories till someone who does know comes along! :D

it is possible,before jelly was spayed she was with peanut for a month with no issues

:)

might be a bit harder but it is do able :)

I adopted an 11 year old unspayed female who, one month after I adopted her, found out she was riddled with "masses". Even though she was so happy with me, I tried to bond her but she wouldn't have any of it. A few months after the attempted bonding, dear old Molly had to be pts :(. Did she know her time was nearly up or was the fact that she was unspayed a factor? )We'll never know but one thing I'm sure of is that she was perfectly happy being a solitary bun bonded with me (she'd sit for hours on my knee :love:).

Basically I guess I'm saying that I wouldn't rush into anything with Bella, she's obviously well loved and cared for.

has anyone got a bonded pair of an un-neutered girl and neutered boy?does it work?!?!?!

Permanant residents Muffin and Crumpet live together- Crumpet is due to go in for her snip in around a week or 2, they have been together about 3/4 months :)

Back