• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have found a flea...

Carol X

Alpha Buck
Have just found a flea on one of my bunnies, Should I be worried? Do I now have to deflea them all? if so what is the best product to used? Sorry about all these questions everyone.Don't want to used the wrong stuff.
Thanks

Thank you hugo's There.I'm very glad I posted this, as I was looking at frontline to buy. Will now go to my vets.Thanks again.

You will also need to deflea your house as well, I found RIP Fleas to be very successful. I'm not sure if Advantage does that. I would suggest not using Xenex because that has been known to cause problems in buns.

if you treat them all at the same time...with advantage..you can use it a week later if they come back.
To treat the house and not have to worry about toxins on bunnies or other animals or children then use a product called..skoosh..its a sticky substance that sticks to fleas and egss and stops them movng/hatching......

i laso have a steam cleaner and i was told that the temp from a steam cleaner is one of the few things that can get thru a flea egg!!

http://www.skooshthefleas.com/skoosh/

Back