• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice - Cold weather

HannahBee

Warren Scout
Just a quickie...

Our (was) outdoor bun has been bought inside to live till this cold weather is over. We were all worrying about him in this cold weather as he is out only bunny so hasn't got a friend to snug with. Also his water keeps freezing & sometimes when we are all out (work commitments) there is no one here to change it.

Basically we were going to have Munch in the indoor cage at night in the kitchen & then put him in his hutch/run in the daytime. But I was thinking the temperature change wouldn't be good for him? Or will he cope okay with that?

Thanks
Hx

Last edited:
Just a quickie...

Our (was) outdoor bun has been bought inside to live till this cold weather is over. We were all worrying about him in this cold weather as he is out only bunny so hasn't got a friend to snug with. Also his water keeps freezing & sometimes when we are all out (work commitments) there is no one here to change it.

Basically BF's mum and dad (who we live with)want to have Munch in the indoor cage at night in the kitchen & then put him in his hutch/run in the daytime. I was thinking the temperature change wouldn't be good for him? Or will he cope okay with that?

Thanks
Hx

No, now he has been brought in, he can NOT go outside until spring/summer when its warmer :)

Thankyou StarlightsRabbitRescue!

That's what I thought.. But what would happen to him if he did go outside now he has come indoors.? They are bound to question it lol

Thanks x

Thankyou StarlightsRabbitRescue!

That's what I thought.. But what would happen to him if he did go outside now he has come indoors.? They are bound to question it lol

Thanks x

At worst the cold could kill him! He will have started to lose his thick winter coat. It would be the same as you going outside without your coat.

As he will not have a winter coat, it would be like you going out in tshirt and shorts for the day, only coming in at night :(

Sudden temp changes are really bad for them!

Thanks again :)

I don't want him going out if he's all heated up! I'm assuming he has his winter coat as he has only been brought inside today.. either way it will be a big change for him temperature wise so I will be campaigning to leave him be!!

Back