• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am SO annoyed :@

ChloeLawless

Mama Doe
Went into the large well known pet store by us today to get some supplies and had a nose at the adoption section.

there was a pair of gorgeous bonded bunnies, one was one and the other was 4, male and female. the excuse for them being there "one couldnt be litter trained so their owners had to give them up" :censored: pathetic excuse.

as if this wasnt bad enough....my blood BOILED when a couple asked to adopt ONE of the pair..and they were allowed to..so they took the pretty well behaved trained male lop while his bonded partner got left behind on her own...i could have smacked them all..i stood there with a lady i got talking to absolutely gobsmacked by it..i felt so so sorry for the poor bunny left behind :(

i just WISH id have had the guts to say something directly to them..but instead i just said to my sister "this is ridiculous i cant watch this" and walked away...i wish i'd said now..not that it would have made a difference..now i cant get it out of my head..the woman who was adopting it and her smug grin made me so angry :lol: i wish i'd stood there and clued the pair of them up now :evil::evil::evil:

sorry for the rant..i am just so wound up :( lol..

:( That shows the level of knowledge in that particular store and also makes a mockery of the adoption scheme :(

i know, i was disgusted.

even a novice should realize that breaking up a pair of rabbits is pure idiotic and shallow...they just wanted the tortoiseshell lop and not the agouti..disgusting.

if theres ever a next time i've promised myself i'll say something..even if it gets me nowhere :oops:

You know, it's probably better not to even listen in to staff conversations, or watch other customers being served as it only leads to personal distress. I know this is my policy now.

You know, it's probably better not to even listen in to staff conversations, or watch other customers being served as it only leads to personal distress. I know this is my policy now.

thats deffinatley what i'll be doing..thats even if i ever go in there again anyway! :lol:

That's really horrible - poor little bunnies.:(

Surely the stupid shop people must know what 'bonded' means??:evil:

it didnt state they were bonded...but i am presuming so as they were in their "tank" together and were SO at ease..and them being older and not new babies also made me assume so. they'd come from the same home :( poor things :(

I think you should complain to HO, the manager should get in trouble for allowing this to happen. It makes them all look bad when there are a few good ones out there with caring staff.

Went into the large well known pet store by us today to get some supplies and had a nose at the adoption section.

there was a pair of gorgeous bonded bunnies, one was one and the other was 4, male and female. the excuse for them being there "one couldnt be litter trained so their owners had to give them up" :censored: pathetic excuse.

as if this wasnt bad enough....my blood BOILED when a couple asked to adopt ONE of the pair..and they were allowed to..so they took the pretty well behaved trained male lop while his bonded partner got left behind on her own...i could have smacked them all..i stood there with a lady i got talking to absolutely gobsmacked by it..i felt so so sorry for the poor bunny left behind :(

i just WISH id have had the guts to say something directly to them..but instead i just said to my sister "this is ridiculous i cant watch this" and walked away...i wish i'd said now..not that it would have made a difference..now i cant get it out of my head..the woman who was adopting it and her smug grin made me so angry :lol: i wish i'd stood there and clued the pair of them up now :evil::evil::evil:

sorry for the rant..i am just so wound up :( lol..

Chloe, please lodge a complaint. We would never dream of splitting a bonded pair up and quite frankly I get p1ssed off when I hear of another store doing something that in my books is bad practise.

Our local RSPCA splits bonded pairs up and they state they will separate bonded pairs when they advertise them in the local press looking for homes.

It's sad :(

Chloe, please lodge a complaint. We would never dream of splitting a bonded pair up and quite frankly I get p1ssed off when I hear of another store doing something that in my books is bad practise.

Our local RSPCA splits bonded pairs up and they state they will separate bonded pairs when they advertise them in the local press looking for homes.

It's sad :(

How do I go about doing that?

Will they take notice even though it wasnt stated they were bonded?
As they were in the same cage together..
I'll do it now while i'm rared up :lol::evil:

How do I go about doing that?

Will they take notice even though it wasnt stated they were bonded?
As they were in the same cage together..
I'll do it now while i'm rared up :lol::evil:

You can e-mail head office via the site, but I would be calm and find out the full situation before you go in all guns blazing.

As I said though, although I don't agree with it, if you consider that our RSPCA will split bonded pairs, what message does that give out?

Im guessing this is the orbital branch by sainsburys? If it is I will also make a complaint as if I was there to witness it aswell to drum it in to them thats its an awful thing and make sure it dosent happen again. I bet that poor bun is in the cold on its own tonight:cry: :cry: Im so angry at this, they went there for another chance in life!!!

I would of said something.. I had a rant at/argument with this lady in a pet shop a while ago about her wanting to breed her buns ..I'm er not afriad to speak my mind :oops: :censored:

Im guessing this is the orbital branch by sainsburys? If it is I will also make a complaint as if I was there to witness it aswell to drum it in to them thats its an awful thing and make sure it dosent happen again. I bet that poor bun is in the cold on its own tonight:cry: :cry: Im so angry at this, they went there for another chance in life!!!

A lot of presumptions are being made here. There are people on here who have adopted a rabbit from PAH. Are their buns out in the cold tonight?

A lot of presumptions are being made here. There are people on here who have adopted a rabbit from PAH. Are their buns out in the cold tonight?

Do you reccomend to people that they keep buns in untill april/may? even ones people buy? (not from the adoption bit)

Sorry I do realise im making presumptions but thats just because my view mankind as a whole is pretty low at the minute with all the news stories I hear. A good caring pet owner would have done what was best for their pet, these clearly havent. And to answer the question Id bet my money on new bunnies brought from pet shops are being left outside straight away. Im not saying all but there will be loads across the country. :cry:

Do you reccomend to people that they keep buns in untill april/may? even ones people buy? (not from the adoption bit)

Of course we do. As soon as we hit October or the weather takes a turn for the worse we tell people buns and pigs have to go indoors until April/May when the weather warms up. What chance would non-acclimatised young animals stand, especially when you consider the likes of the weather we've been having.

We get a lot of people coming in having got their buns from elsewhere and it makes me cringe when I find out they've plopped a young animal straight outside.

Sorry I do realise im making presumptions but thats just because my view mankind as a whole is pretty low at the minute with all the news stories I hear. A good caring pet owner would have done what was best for their pet, these clearly havent. And to answer the question Id bet my money on new bunnies brought from pet shops are being left outside straight away. Im not saying all but there will be loads across the country. :cry:

Just so you are aware, company policy dictates and notification of this is sent out to stores at numerous times as winter approaches, that rabbits and piggies are only to be allowed to go indoors or outside if the accommodation is heated, e.g a shed or garage.

Back