• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny having babies

youngbunny2

Mama Doe
I dont believe me eyes! I have just been out to clean the buns and bluebell who had a litter 17 weeks ago is making a nest and pulling out hair:shock: We found homes for all but 1 of the previous litter and kept just 1 girl.our buck has been castrated for over 3 months now so surely cant have made her pregnant and the baby we kept has been confirmed as a girl by the vets.Is this likely to be a phantom? the vets said to wait for 6 months afetr the birth to be spayed so I really dont understand whats going on!:?

If there is no way she has been in contact with an unneutered lad then its a phantom :)

If you are unsure now about the babies sex I would double check

we took her to the vets just now and the nurse and vet confirmed i was correct thats she is a girl.Do i need to do anything to help her(move the nest?)

If she doesn't produce then I'd get her neutered.

Our vets will neuter as soon as the milk has dried up so I don't understand why your vets are saying not for 6 months. :?
That's a lot of phantoms for her to have if that's what she's having.:shock:

Back