• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baytril doses

raine

Warren Veteran
Does anyone know the recommended max dose of Baytril per kg. I know the doses can vary from vet to vet and Im trying to get some info on the internet.

I have vague recollections that the max is 15 mg/kg...the official baytril licence datasheet says 5 mg/kg, but FHB and others always recommend 10 mg/kg as normal for rabbits but I'm sure I've seen 15 cited before.

Daisy is on 3 mls a day which is working for her.

Concerning another bunny. Would 1mls for a 4kg bunny, with head tilt, be quite a low dose? No metacam given and only panacur. The vet is not rabbit savvy and we want to ensure this is the best dosage. We will then talk to the vet if the consensus is it is too low. I would welcome views.

Daisy is on 3 mls a day which is working for her.

Concerning another bunny. Would 1mls for a 4kg bunny, with head tilt, be quite a low dose? No metacam given and only panacur. The vet is not rabbit savvy and we want to ensure this is the best dosage. We will then talk to the vet if the consensus is it is too low. I would welcome views.

Depends what strength Baytril is being used the 2.5%, the 5% or the 10%.
The Bun needs a NSAID eg Metacam, this is an essential part of EC treatment

Back