• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What disinfectant do you use

uhm if you mean for animal accommodation we use Trigene that has water added to it at college.

I use virkon, the tub is expensive but you can just make up as much of the solution as you need at that time so its always fresh and lasts ages :) It also has hardly any smell :)

Conficlean II. Excellent disinfectant and available from SPH Supplies. Works out very good value as it's concentrated and lasts for ages.

I use virkon tablets. You just need to put one tablet in per 500ml of water.
It seems expensive because it is £15 for a tub but it works out as only 30p per 500ml bottle :)

just wondering... what is everyone doing about washing out hutches at the moment. Ive just been giving them a quick wipe, if they get wet they will never dry out in this weather! As for the avairy floor if i soak that it would just be like an iceskating rink!!!

co-ops own....

i mix the disinfectant with mostly water and spray it onto the wood of the chippy cage...

i clean litter trays with bleach

I don't wash the hutches or shed in winter either. I just spray with virkon and wipe any dirty areas with vinegar. They mostly go to the toilet in their litter trays anyway so the wood doesn't really get that dirty :)

Back