• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits eating plaster

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Ive noticed over night Miffy and Vinnie have ripped wallpaper off the wall but they have also been eating the plaster will it harm them?

Elsie and Jess have eaten a fair bit of plaster in their room a little while ago, and it didn't seem to cause them much of a problem, although it is now out of their reach. :)

It took me a while but I've managed to put the pigs grids up against that wall. The buns seemed to love eating the plaster though and were in a right strop when they couldn't realised they couldn't get to it:?

It took me a while but I've managed to put the pigs grids up against that wall. The buns seemed to love eating the plaster though and were in a right strop when they couldn't realised they couldn't get to it:?

Yes thats what im going to do

I wonder why they think that it tastes nice? we had an extension built not so long ago and our house bun kept trying to hoover up the dust:roll:

This is what I have done to protect the wallpaper and plaster and skirting board from Audrey .... and she done a fair bit of demolition DIY:lol:

Do you have them all round the room then?

:oops::oops:Yes! All around the hallway:oops::oops:
When visitors come round I say to them "you know people have their houses adapted for Disabilites....well this house is adapted for the bunnies:lol::lol:" It's the only way to stop her! I have patched up the wallpaper but she still rips it off:roll: so there are grids all the way round the hallway where the bunnies go:lol:....................I must admit it's like an assault course:lol: but it's the only solution and the wallpaper has stayed intact (touch wood):lol::lol:

:oops::oops:Yes! All around the hallway:oops::oops:
When visitors come round I say to them "you know people have their houses adapted for Disabilites....well this house is adapted for the bunnies:lol::lol:" It's the only way to stop her! I have patched up the wallpaper but she still rips it off:roll: so there are grids all the way round the hallway where the bunnies go:lol:....................I must admit it's like an assault course:lol: but it's the only solution and the wallpaper has stayed intact (touch wood):lol::lol:

OMG :lol: I thought what i had done was bad i need pics please:lol:

This thread has jinxed me!
I was thinking "Charlies never done that...."
so what do I find him doing in a corner?!
:roll:

haha Parnsnip does that. as we had a extenstion the all paper was half ripped off so she carried on ripping it off and also found abit to rip off behind the tv. she down bites the walls and skirting boards.

This thread has jinxed me!
I was thinking "Charlies never done that...."
so what do I find him doing in a corner?!
:roll:

:lol:...sorry! (and sorry hi-jackin the thread!)
there are a few suggestions from here try spraying white vinegar/sour apple (from the vets) and I also tried pet behaving spray from canac (but unfortunately none of that worked with Audrey)....so the grids are the only way of protecting the walls:roll:

Back