• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh decisions...

Should I pick Poppy up?

• yes, she needs a home?

Votes: 24 85.7%
  • no, someone else will take her?

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • maybe wait another week?

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
I went to P@H last week and fell in love. I spent 20 minutes with her and a assistant. She has been a bottom of the garden rabbit. fed on mainly carrots no hay, or pellets, just carrots :( she has had no human contact, so is a bit wary, but the lady did say that she is improving. and that she had improved so much just since last week. She is about 6 months old and has a dewlap, so will need neutering.

I asked the usual questions, although their answers are not very good as their forms are not very good.

I did ask what would happen to her, in the next week and the lady told me that they do have a regular who picks some of them up :)

but she has preyed on my mind all week. After such a neglect ful 6 months she has had, I really do feel for her. the Rabbit next door had been returned twice :(

I would love to bond her into a trio. I have Sophie and pending a bunny run I have Flipper, so it would be a group of a male and 2 females, none who have met.

im in the same situation with a p@h adoption bunny who is ill just now but will be rehomed next week when her eye is better i cant stop thinking about her! but shes 4 and honeys only 6-7 months....:lol: i know ure pain lol

If you have got your heart set on it then get her.

Have you got the facilities if she does not bond into your pair to keep her.

If you can do it without stretching yourself too much money, time and space-wise then go for it.

**Remember though Louise, if I ever ask a similar question, you have to say 'go for it' too!!!

I always do. I more rabbits in safe homes who are loved the better.

What got to me is the bad start in life she has had both Flipper and Sophie are about the same age give or take, I know Jill/Amy have given filpper 100% and I have Sophie. but this poor girl.

I have seen other rabbits there, but this is the first one to have an effect on me.

I don't see why not if you really love her. You know she will be going to a good home. What if you don't get her/wait and you go back and she's gone. Ask yourself how you will feel and that should answer the question :D

Also... sorry for going off topic here but why does having a dewlap make a girly more in need of neutering? I probably sound really thick :oops:

It doesn't, its just one of the signs that she is sexually mature, and going from the previous feeding/care then she would n't have been spayed ergo she needs to be before bonding could begin. She may have gone, as it was last Saturday I saw her

Edit does anyone know p@H neutering policy for adoption buns?

Last edited:
It doesn't, its just one of the signs that she is sexually mature, and going from the previous feeding/care then she would n't have been spayed ergo she needs to be before bonding could begin. She may have gone, as it was last Saturday I saw her

Edit does anyone know p@H neutering policy for adoption buns?

My PAH has a Vets within, the Vets - Companion Care offers £20 off neutering adoption rabbits.

:)

is that just PAH adoption rabbits.

I was told last week that they only offered reductions on large rabbits! Nat is that a nation wide thing, do you know?

is that just PAH adoption rabbits.

I was told last week that they only offered reductions on large rabbits! Nat is that a nation wide thing, do you know?

Yes companion care offer £20 off there adoption rabbits.

I got Bella from Wakefield PAH adoption and had her spayed at Huddersfield Companion Care Vets.

I have no idea. You could easily ring and find out?

Back