• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This week in Twickenham I am bonding ....

janice

Wise Old Thumper
Ron and Hazel. Ron is a hansome dutch houserabbit and Hazel is an athletic agouti. Hazel is a front toothless bunny and I believe (although not checked) Ron maybe as well.

So far Ron is letting Hazel know he is the boss by persistently mounting or chasing her. She is being good natured like all females normally are :roll:just letting him get on with it.

Hazel definately likes the soft hay I have here at the moment, Ron is not entirely convinced although I will cut some up into shorter lengths soon just in case he finds the long bits difficult to eat.

HAHA Ron usually dances around the living room when he hears the veg being chopped, they look like a lovely couple!!!!!!!!

Hope they didnt keep you up all night Janice with their shenanigans.

Cant wait to bring them home!

:love:

I love it when Hazel turns her ears towards the front. She always looks mega alert then.
She was hopping all over my boys when they were stretched out on the carpet, and she licked their hands. She likes to lick a lot of things, and sometimes her tongue sticks out a bit because she has no teeth to stop it. :love:

Overnight we have had a couple of chasing episodes where Ron has been in a humping mood. Otherwise in between quite quiet and lots of washing of themselves.

This morning again they are at either ends of the tray for some of the time. Ron currently is sitting in the litter tray eating the hay (which is the first time I have seen him at hay).

There is no nastiness, it is good that they are happy to wash themselves and eat. In an hour I may try the mashed banana treatment to see if that will make them think that the other one is grooming them.

That is a very cute video. My two that you bonded last week have settled very well :love: although Alfie (was Gavin) is still very timid while he is in his hutch. As soon as I let him out he is a very different bunny - hopping and running about and being very inquisitive - and very cute :). Good luck with this weeks pair. x

Awww, well done, Ron! And don't be such a madam, Hazel!! :lol:

She has never has a bunny friend, but she did lick my son's hands, the wall, the shelf, the chair......she knows how to do it. :lol:

Up until the past hour they have tended to sit apart, however they are now at the same end of the tray ..... just sitting quietly.

That's Ron for you... where there's food! He's not too bothered about banana so good thinking Janice. Did you see Hazel look up a bit when he stopped? Like "Where's he gone?" Very cute.

Janice - where do you get your dried grass from? I didn't know you could get it. I've found it on-line, but wonder if there is anywhere locally that sells it. Thanks.

I think garden centres sometimes sell it in their pet food section. I saw it somewhere recently, but can't remember which shop it was. I usually get mine online.

I can see some sticky faces in that video. :lol: And I love the expression on Ron's face after Hazel said "no" to him. :lol:

Back