• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help me! i need sleep!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
i need a bit of help...

im bonding 2 bunnies, one is an ex starlights rab rescue bun n the other is her hopefully husbun. she went to her new home but her and her hsubun haventbeen getting on so i offered to help re bond as i live 2 mins away...

anyway, they been here nearly a week n now n progress has definatly been made. throughout the day they snuggle, groom, play, eat its perfect.

as soon as i get into bed (they in my room) they start chasing, tipping over litter trays,rascal last night rattled the puppy pen honestly for.... EIGHT hours.

she digs in the litter tray when its empty after shes tipped it out n im struggling to get more than3 hours broken sleep a night and im exhausted.

what can i do?

nope for several reasons...

my bathroom is tiny, my parents wouldnt allow it either.

cant move them at all because otherwise i could ruin the made progress

:?

Im so sorry you are habing trouble with them hun, they were fine here, but she wanted them back after 48 hours so i dont think they had time to "seal" the bond :?

Rascal was named because she hates being confined- escaped from an indoor cage 2 nights in a row and proceeded to try eating her way out of a hutch =/

Im so sorry you are habing trouble with them hun, they were fine here, but she wanted them back after 48 hours so i dont think they had time to "seal" the bond :?

Rascal was named because she hates being confined- escaped from an indoor cage 2 nights in a row and proceeded to try eating her way out of a hutch =/

i woke up one morning with her ON mybed!

lol

I find the same with Snowy, my indoor bun. During the day he's all sleep and cute lazing around. Come night time he decides it's play time. Banging toys against the bars of his cage, digging, binkying and thumping his feet as he runs/leaps about! I've taken to being mean and taking most of his 'noisy' toys out at night, but this seems to just make him more bored and start banging about more!
I swear, it must be like having a baby the amount of times I have to get up in the middle of the night and go and see to him to calm him down! :shock:

I've tried food, chew toys to keep him occupied as quietly as possible, but nothing stops him from waking me up! I feel your pain! :shock::?:lol:

:shock::oops::oops:

Maybe she just wanted a cuddle? :shock::lol:

Was it a "nice" surprise?!

she was curled up on the duvet in a little ball, i was like OMG what is that! then realised it was rascal, good job i didnt pull my dvet up tho she would have gone flying! :shock:

thing is i cant give them more room because A i dont have it, my rooms tiny, and B i dont want to disrupt their bonding lol

she was curled up on the duvet in a little ball, i was like OMG what is that! then realised it was rascal, good job i didnt pull my dvet up tho she would have gone flying! :shock:

thing is i cant give them more room because A i dont have it, my rooms tiny, and B i dont want to disrupt their bonding lol

Awww!! :lol::love:

At least she hadnt weed!
I know what you mean hun, i did all bonding in an indoor cage so less room than what you would have, i think its just the way she is =/

Awww!! :lol::love:

At least she hadnt weed!
I know what you mean hun, i did all bonding in an indoor cage so less room than what you would have, i think its just the way she is =/

i could have done an indoor cage but i didnt think it gave them enough space to do anything, like i wanted them to be able to get away from each other.

i feel so mean, im watching them now n shes grooming him, making me feel bad lol

she may not have weed but she had chewed my curtains, pulled my rug into the cage n shredded it, shredded my sheet off my bed which she had pulled into the cage.

i could have done an indoor cage but i didnt think it gave them enough space to do anything, like i wanted them to be able to get away from each other.

i feel so mean, im watching them now n shes grooming him, making me feel bad lol

she may not have weed but she had chewed my curtains, pulled my rug into the cage n shredded it, shredded my sheet off my bed which she had pulled into the cage.

:shock::shock:

Oh no :(

I bet your mum wasn't too impressed =/

I know the pain...
I share my room with the horniest cockatiel in the world (and god their humping noises are LOUD), a very chewy rabbit who likes to just trash everything for fun, and a hamster who loves to escape and climb onto my bed to wake me up :shock:

I relented n opened up the pen in my room tonight because rascall was on the verge of giving me a mental breakdown with the continous rattling, so far....thyev been fine :D

there just exploring, n smudge has done binkies around the room :)

cnt leave them like this overnight but will give them a run about for an hour hopefully tire them out:lol:

I make sure I keep my lot out late to tire them out...tends to work :D

Cockatiels still out with me so hopefully she'll sleep right through

Back