• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Lionel & Lolly please Update 12.01

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Had to rush Lionel to the vet as he was not walking on one front paw and as he only has one back leg this is extra worrying. My vet thinks its a reaction to the cylap vhd jab he had yesterday at another vets as she can't feel a break in the leg but it is mighty swollen, he has had metacam and baytril and has to go back tomorrow possibly for x rays if its no better :(
Having got back Lolly is now acting strangley, she has let me pick her up twice and snuggled to me and she hates humans! She also won't eat anything so i wouldn't be surprised if they had both had a bad reaction to the cylap.

Please can you send some vibes that it is only a jab reaction and nothing more serious, thank you x

Last edited:
Awwwwww Katie poor wee Lionel and Lolly

The limp should resolve over the next 48 hours, but I know that with only 1 hind leg its a bigger problem for Lionel.

Sending lots of vibes :)

mine once limped slightly, (jelly) after her VHD but only for one day, and i had some boarders in and they had their their VHD the day before and 2 of them limped for a day, but then were fine after :)

x

Lionel is no better this morning he is still holding the paw up but he has eaten but i had to take the food to him.
I am in 2 minds wether to go back to the vets today or not as i don't want to put him under ga unless i have to. I might give it until Monday and see if the effects of the jab wear off what do you think?

Well i spoke to the vet and we are seeing how Lionel goes over the weekend I went and got him some metacam to help ease the pain a bit and he is occasionaly putting the paw down.
I have felt his leg and am sure i can feel a lump there and am praying that it is not an abcess as he has already lost one leg to them :cry::cry:

Lolly is still being sudued as well but i think she knows something is wrong with Lionel :(

Oh Katie I do hope he's okay.

Sending get well vibes to Lionel.

I hope that it's no more than a reaction to the Cylap. I have heard about various buns who have gone through this. I helped out a vet student recently who is doing a study about Cylap and Lapinject and the after effects of the vaccination.

Hope he picks up soon.

Helen

Thanks for the vibes everyone.
Lionel has been back to the vets today as found a lump on the leg he was holding up My vet is happy that its just a scab and not an abcess as i was worried he had another one! Also the swelling in his leg is going down so he will remain on metacam for a few more days as he is starting to put weight on it again thank goodness!

Back