• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

These are the first babies I met at college ;)

Pelfe

Alpha Buck
Piggies!

piggies-1.jpg

Sadly they will probably be off to the chophouse :cry:
though a few will be off for breeding :)
I think they may be our rare-breed piggies, not sure.

Sadly they will probably be off to the chophouse :cry:
though a few will be off for breeding :)
I think they may be our rare-breed piggies, not sure.

why do they breed then?:(

our college would never do something like that!

why do they breed then?:(

our college would never do something like that!

because we sell the meat to make money to support the college.
its all done humanely?
same with most of our animals at college, bred for the meet or bred to be fed to the snakes.

It's not a nasty thing :S

because we sell the meat to make money to support the college.
its all done humanely?
same with most of our animals at college, bred for the meet or bred to be fed to the snakes.

It's not a nasty thing :S

At our college all the students and all but one of the tutors would disagree with it. Ours breed to but sell as pets to fund food and other things.
We do have smaller scale animals at the min but we are getting a new build with outdoor animals, and i'm sure this won't happen.
Poor little piggys

At our college all the students and all but one of the tutors would disagree with it. Ours breed to but sell as pets to fund food and other things.
We do have smaller scale animals at the min but we are getting a new build with outdoor animals, and i'm sure this won't happen.
Poor little piggys

well, they have a great quality of life while they are with us and tbh, its a way of life.
I would not be happy if we sold our smaller animals as pets unless we did several home checks..

At our college, we only breed the farm animals for meat and also to teach us how to lamb/calf and raise the young. Domestic animals are only bred every so often and sold to pet homes. We are hoping to breed pet mice soon.

At our college, we only breed the farm animals for meat and also to teach us how to lamb/calf and raise the young. Domestic animals are only bred every so often and sold to pet homes. We are hoping to breed pet mice soon.

:love: can't wait for lambing season.
Im loving watching the pigs run around with the treats we make <3

Back