• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I do?

**Ilovelops**

Alpha Buck
Ok, well as you know, I have 3 bunnies. Choc's and Bon are both neutered mini lop boys and live happily together. They live in a hutch which is inside a shed outside.
I also have Snowy, a neutered netherland dwarf boy who lived indoors. He has an indoor cage which is opened up when I'm in so he can run about out of his cage too.

I've tried on many occasions to bond the three boys together, with horrible consequences. They get into awful HUGE fights and always have to be seperated.

This leaves me with a problem. That is having Snowy on his own. He is a happy little boy, and gets loads of attention when I'm home. However, I worry when I'm at work (which is the majority of the day. I leave the house at 7.30am and get home about 6pm). That is a large amount of time to be sitting alone :(

He is very closely bonded to us, and gets so excited when we get up or come home from work as he knows he's going to get attention.

I have thought about getting him a little friend. I'm just worried about the cost of taking on a fourth rabbit. I pay insurance for all three incase of illness. We did say three would be our limit. But, then there's the worry of him being on his own during the day.

What would you do?

I'm in the same situation as you, I am not allowed anymore buns so for me getting another isnt really an option :( If you are having doubts about not being able to afford another I would leave things as they are...what would happen if the bonding didnt work out? you might be left with 2 single buns.
Good luck with what ever you choose x

I'm in the same situation as you, I am not allowed anymore buns so for me getting another isnt really an option :( If you are having doubts about not being able to afford another I would leave things as they are...what would happen if the bonding didnt work out? you might be left with 2 single buns.
Good luck with what ever you choose x

Valid point there! :) It's a tricky one to decide. :)

If you can find a rescue who will help you find the right girl for him then I think you should go for it. :)

Back