• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inside and out!

Isabel

Warren Veteran
Has anyone else got inside and outside bunnies and feel extremely guilty for the ones outside?

I know they are happy but it just seems so mean. :shock:

Mine are usually all outdoor buns, but Joey and BB have been inside since BB had an op just before Xmas.

I love having them in, but tbh they're ready to go back out as soon as the temperatures rise high enough - they are bored inside and BB's nose barely leaves the window!

I've felt awful for the other 6 outside when it's -7 degrees, and have been eyeing up Dave's garage and plotting how to bring in the others:lol:
I go down to the sheds at 11pm each night and they've all been well snuggled up together and have been fairly warm apart from their ears.

When they get old or frail or if they lose their partner in winter I'm more likely to bring them in whilst it's this cold, but all my buns love the outside too much for me to justify bringing them in at the mo.

I have 3 out and 4 in currently and I feel dead guilty about the ones outside in this weather. They get dinner, a snuggle safe and covers down at 4:30 most nights but am actually considering reheating the snuggle safes when I get home at 12am to last until morning. :?

No - all mine are in for the winter & all out for the summer - that's all 18 buns inside at mo!!! :shock::shock::shock: Took some convincing for my hubby to let them all inside :lol: Fortunately we've got a big loft room where 13 of them live - otherwise they would have to be outside all the time.

I have 2 outside and one in and its Sophie I feel sorry for...

outside my guys have a double hutch,plus huge run, with 24 hour access, they have toys, and most of all eachother.

Sophie is in the hallway and although large, my outdoor rabbits probably have more space. But I think she is much more an outdoor rabbit, she just relaxed so much more outside (when the weather was warmer). But most of all Sophie is lonely. I do have a honeybunny lined up, Flipper, to come and keep her company, we are all just waiting for a bunnyrun ;);)

I feel even more guilty now! I've had my inside buns running round the whole house since the first time they moved in and they've both been binkying round. Mind you Mist and Mo do their fare share of binkying too. :D

I couldn't let my bun live outside...I'd feel far too guilty knowing he could be snuggled up in bed with me till 1am rather than sitting in the cold

I have 7 indoors (9 including the 2 I'm bonding for a friend), 4 outdoors, and 7 in the garage at the moment.

I do feel a bit guilty, but most of the outdoor/garage buns don't like being in the house anyway

Nope not at all! Squidgy is fine inside with us, and I know the outside bunnies are happy out there. They have lots of hay, a snugglesafe and lots of toys.
They never show signs of being cold - and prefer not to use their cosy hutches.

I have 2 indoors and 2 outdoors and yes I do feel slightly guilty bout the outdoors ones but I do the best I can for them. They have plenty of space, a warm bed, toys and good food. They've always been outdoors so I guess they know no difference.

Back