• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits can't live with each other can't live without each other!

Zara

Mama Doe
Hey, just need some input on my two pet rabbit's relationship. They're both castrated males and come from the same litter but started fighting at five months before getting the eunich treatment and now they do get on, they even groom each other and lie down next to each other and sometimes play but any little thing can make them snap at each other. Like one rabbit refusing to groom the other etc or the "underling" rabbit questioning the dominant rabbit etc. I've had to stop many fights :lol: but they seem to forget they've fought about five minutes later and when they're apart, although they're quite happy with just my company and seem to actually prefer me they'll look for each other.

I suppose what I'm asking is although this isn't really a problem (I just have to be with both rabbits at all times if they're together) does anyone else have rabbits that arn't bonded yet (mostly) get on? And is this healthy for my rabbits? It's like a REAL brother/brother relationship.

Am I correct that your rabbits are sometimes together and sometimes not?
This means they are in a constant dominance battle, and although they sound like they would bond if given the chance, just as they are 'sorting out' who is in what pecking order, you split them up, so the next time they are together they have to start all over?

I guess you need to decide if they are to be bonded and let them live together, or not.
If you decide to bond them, then the 'bond girls' (the experts at it!) will give you all the advice you need on how to succeed.

Back