• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good places to buy hutches and run combos

Rabbers

Mama Doe
I have a little dilemma giong on. I've had my buns for over two years now and they have a double storey hutch and free run of the garden when I'm in. Of course this run time was supervised. I've noticed over the last couple of days there is a new cat in the neighbourhood and he has become very very interested in the rabbits :cry:

So i feel i can't risk relying on the supervised run time just in case i miss something or forget etc.... not worth it. So I'm looking to redesign my garden (seriously it needs it) but I only have a tiny little walled garden so I'm thinking although I'd like a shed/aviary combo, i've got to look into something a little smaller, more like a run/hutch combo or possibly small shed/childs hut and run.

Where have you all got yours from - I've been looking in the photos sections and you have some fab set ups.

Tell me where and I'll have a little look as to how I can apply them to my garden or maybe my existing hutch!

Thanks everyone :)

ETA: i also still plan to let them out for full garden run when I'm working in the garden etc or can def watch them but of course it won't be as frequent as it currently is.

Last edited:
Also does anyone know where you can buy the aviary type panels that you can use tyo make your own runs that have a suitable sized mesh for bunnies i.e. protection from foxes/cats?
I'm just not sure if some of the aviary ones I'm finding are of a small enough mesh size.

Thanks

Hi, could you get something to repel the cats aswell (not harmful to bunnies)? I've previously aimed as if to throw water at cats in our garden and they haven't come back. I don't know much about cats as to whether we were just lucky or they really don't like water. Hope this helps a bit!!:wave:

Back