• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crate size please

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
For Little Ben (Mini Lop) and Ruby (REW netherland dwarf)

They were going to live in attic free range, but as Guinea pigs are inside, its not an option anymore, so they will live downstairs free range mostly, however will need a crate for when were not in.

What size?

As big as you can afford :) 48" id say, just because they'd have plenty of room then for when theyre shut in :) xXx

Id say 48" also. If you got a slghtly smaller one you could add a pen round?

This is when i had just one pen attatched (now have 2 so they have tons of room)
rpen3.jpg

If they're small buns, remember to buy one without large bar spacing. Look out for the spacing around the bottom of the crate especially, because it's often wide enough for small buns to crawl through (or even get their heads stuck!)

If they're small buns, remember to buy one without large bar spacing. Look out for the spacing around the bottom of the crate especially, because it's often wide enough for small buns to crawl through (or even get their heads stuck!)

true - I've had to mesh around the bottom of my 48"...:)

Yep....I've got Angel in a 42" crate and block off the base of the cage when I'm out because she will try to put her head through it.

Brillant cheers!!

Oooo yeah DIY challenge for adding extra levels! :shock: :lol:

Best place to buy one?!

Pets at home I find really expensive for dog cages. I got mine off ebay.

I dont have a problem with gaps at the bottom of mine as the tray completely blocks any.

Back