• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Parsley's Ashes...

Pringle

Warren Veteran
I know some people may not want to see this but i think its lovely. I went to pick Parsley up tonight after work..i just wish is was my little girl and not a stone, but its lovely to know i have her.
Here is Parsley not long after she came to stay with me, shes so beautiful :-

DSC00331.jpg

:love::love::love:

I am so glad i have her back...:cry::cry::cry::cry:

DSC00944.jpg

DSC00945.jpg

DSC00942.jpg

DSC00941.jpg

Why is life so cruel...:cry::cry:

You can shed tears that she is gone
or you can smile because she has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that she’ll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all she’s left.

Your heart can be empty because you can’t see her
or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her and only that she’s gone
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back
or you can do what she’d want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

David Harkins, © 1981

You can shed tears that she is gone
or you can smile because she has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that she’ll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all she’s left.

Your heart can be empty because you can’t see her
or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her and only that she’s gone
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back
or you can do what she’d want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

David Harkins, © 1981

:cry::cry::cry::cry: Thank you Jane thats lovey, and very true :cry:

Aww that made me cry :cry::cry::cry: Im so sorry for your loss, she is in a better place and will be looking over you always xxx

That is so lovely for your to remember your beautiful little girl by. Our bridge bunnies ashes are in little wooden caskets, which are nice - but Parsleys is lovely. xxx

God i am at it tonight :cry:
I cried reading about Bramble now i'm crying again, so sorry for your loss, it hurts so much & i still cry over Honey, they are such a massive part of how life & it hurts so much to lose them. I have Honey & my dog who passed away 10 years ago, side by side in their wooden caskets beside my bed.
The poem is very true Jane, & its lovely, it just takes time & it does get better, i love the stone, Parsley was loved so much. xxx

im so sorry, there is something comforting about having them back though, we had our old house rabbit cremated and now she is in a little wooden box on top on the mantle peice, i duno what it is but it just feels right having her there, she is the first and only rabbit i have ever had back.

The little stone is really nice. I hope having Parsley close gives you some comfort.

I think I'd like one of those if I ever keep another one I've lost. I've only ever felt the need to have one of my animals back after cremating. She was my special dog always and like your Parsley died too young - all my others had long lives and it seemed right to let them go. She's at the side of the bed in a beautiful box my good friend in the USA painted for her.

That is such a beauiful way to remember her. I hope to be able to have something like that when I lose my buns.

Such a beautiful bun & a lovely memorial for her.
When i lost my boys i considered having them cremated but buried them instead - something that i now regret.Now she'll be with you always.
So sorry for your loss :(

Last edited:
Thank you very much everyone, it is lovely to have her back, knowing she is with me. I just hate the thought of her being *just ashes* now :(.

Im so sorry Vicki about wee Stitch, glad you have him back too :) xx

She was a beauty, such a gorgeous face.....:love:

Glad she is home with you now and looking over you......hopefully she is looking over Pringle too.......xx

Back