• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help please- really worried..

Pipin and Bramley both got neutered today, and since she's came home, Pipin hasn't touched anything to eat.. I've offered her all of her favourate foods but she's not having any of it.. :cry:

HELP?

Don't panic yet! I doubt you'd be in the mood to eat the same evening as having a hysterectomy :)

Just make sure she's somewhere warm, comfortable and quiet, with a bowl of water and some tempting treats that she can munch on if she feels like it. I wouldn't try and force her at this stage, although if you can put a bowl of water near her that might help. Hopefully by the morning she'll be starting to eat - if there's still no sign of eating/pooping in the morning, give your vet a ring as she may need more painkiller/gut stimulant, but it's quite normal for female buns not to want to eat the same evening as a spay :)

Thank you! :wave:

I'm quite relieved now.. She is some where warm, and she's got a bowl full of her absalute favourate food (wheatabix made up mushy with water and a tiny bit of honey) so hopefully she'll tuck into it over night.

Back