• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor buns and litter trays

albo

Warren Scout
do u have more than 1 litter tray? I have 1 in the cage but have found that she poos around the kitchen floor rather than hopping back in to poop in cage...would it work with having 2 trays so she has 1 in and 1 out?

Yep, Ronnie has 1 in his dog crate and 1 in the bathroom as he decided he'd poo next to the toilet :roll: God knows what people think when they come round :lol:

Lolly has 2 aswell, one in her crate and 1 infront of the tv though she poo's everywhere still :?

I would add another one for your bun to use where she poos most in the kitchen :) Though she may choose to do her own thing :lol: xXx

Fudge has 3 litter trays, one in her cage, one in the bathroom and a covered litter tray in my room!
Millie and thumper dont have any as they HATE them and prefer to pee everywhere!
Blackie and skye have 2 each and gizmo has one (hes a good bunny and doesnt like to do his business anywhere but his cage :lol: )

Teddy has one, we did have a few weeks where he decided that the sofa was his toilet (thank goodness for leather sofas!) ... but thankfully i've gotten him out of that habit :)

PS i love your bunny albo! her little face is a bit like Teddy's was when he was little!

Last edited:
Mine have 2, 1 in cage and 1 in the room and they still poop on floor for some reason right at end of day when time to go back in cage :?:roll::lol: Protesting maybe? lol.

honey has a corner one and she has alwasy used it but in the last week has just refused and pooped and peed everywhere in her cage i dont get it!! im hoping once shes spayed it will stop coz she also peed all over my couch last night!!:censored::censored:

I just have the one in Lolas cage and she hops back in for a poop/wee but she still loves to poop all over my sofa!!!

Thanks for the replies....i guess im lucky that she only poops in various places rather than pees, she has NEVER pee'd anywhere other than her tray, i will pick up another tray soon and see if that stops the pooping elsewhere!

Teddypatches--thanks for the comment about our bun, shes is a cute lil thing

Back