• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter training gone wrong

gill shirlaw

Warren Scout
Hi there

Just a bit of advice really. I hace recently bonded my six buns only it didnt quite work out the way id have hoped i have now a four and the original two that were already together back together and ive had to seperate my huge run and aviary panels with a divider aviary panel but they still have lots of room. Anyway my question was the two who are back together are over two years old and have always been pretty good with weeing in litter tray but sinc being back together about three weeks now i still have two litter trays in the playhouse in the same position as before and they used them but over the last week they have been moving one of the litter trays the one they used well and weeing in the corner where the litter tray is which i dont understand why they would be doing this now as they are back in their ownhome and noone else has been in it so it cant be territory thing can it? and if they always peed in it why are they now moving it to pee exactly where ive put it - very strange, any ideas anyone would be greatfullu appreciated.
gill:wave:

Some of mine started doing that once they found out they could move the trays :roll:

I got some sticky back velcro and used it to fix the litter trays in place so they couldn't move them anymore :)

hi there thats a great idea hadnt thought of that as did think of fixing it to the wall and realised stupidly that i still needed to remove it to clean out so that would be ideal - thanks still not sure why they would do it after two years strange bunnies!!
gill:wave:

Back