• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What can I do?

TeddyPatches

Warren Scout
I know that many of you do fantastic work for the rabbits in need and would like to be able to contribute myself in some way, so my question is... what can I do? I can help with bun runs, I can cook (most of the time lol), and i have free time! There must be something I can do to help? :)

I know a lot of rescues really value volunteers to do all sorts of things like help clean out, take to vets etc. Am sure someone near you would like help with that! :)

It's a shame you don't live closer, we are looking for some volunteers to hold stands for us at fetes etc in the spring and summer :)

Fundraise...money is always needed and most rescues will let you pay it straight to their vet so you know where the money will be spent:D

Very nice of you to think of helping

Teddy Patches, you said you can cook!

Could you hold a dinner night?

Invite your friends for a three course meal at your house. Bring a bottle, of course.

Of course you need to explain that they are going to be charged and why and where the money goes to. Now you could make your money one of two ways you can either "charge for a seat" say 10 pounds, or you can pass a bucket around after the meal, saying how much would you have paid for that in a restaurant.

Im sure you can be creative, a meal for four to six for about 10 or 15 pounds is possible. Even a simple thing like melon starter, spag bol, and tirimisu shouldn't cost that much.

Althernatively, ask your choosen rescue what they are in need of. you can write to "rabbit" companies asking for donations of food and resources which have been requested.

You could also donate your time, which has already been explained above.

Last edited:
I like the meal idea :) I'm about an hour away from Gloucester, just under. I have a friend there so i go there quite often.

This forum has really opened my eyes to the breeding problem of rabbits in the UK. I would love to help out financially, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction on where I should start? (Since I live in the States I cannot give my time :( )
Also, I noticed many of you have the words "forum supported" underneath your forum nickname. What is this?

I pay something like £5 for 3 months to be a Forum Supporter, I often sell things on forum and donate a % to rabbit rescues.

This forum has really opened my eyes to the breeding problem of rabbits in the UK. I would love to help out financially, would anyone be able to point me in the right direction on where I should start? (Since I live in the States I cannot give my time :( )
Also, I noticed many of you have the words "forum supported" underneath your forum nickname. What is this?

When you say you'd like to help out financially what do you mean? Give a donation or sponsor a bunny? Theres allsorts you could do :)

The forum supporter below peoples names is simply you pay £5 or something every 3 months, and get the benefits of selling things in the Items for Sale and Wanted section under General Chat... and you get more space in you PM box ;)

:wave: xXx

Both! Do you know of any specific places that I could donate to or sponsor (that accepts pay pal) ?

I am currently doing a fundraiser to help the 61 rabbits being rescued if you want to take part in that :D Money is being divided up between the rescues that are taking them in
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=164180

I also have a sanctuary for eldery and special needs rabbits and we offer rabbit sponsorship :) have a look at our website www.rainbowrabbits.co.uk

A lot of other rescues on here also offer sponsorship for their permanent residents

Just adding we accept paypal for both :D One of our bunnies would feel so special to have a US sponsor :lol:

Both! Do you know of any specific places that I could donate to or sponsor (that accepts pay pal) ?

Liz (above) is the only place i know of for sponsoring bunnies :love:

Alot of places accept donations... i dont know if everywhere accepts paypal :? Our rescue accepts paypal i know that... link in siggy :) Im sure there are many more :)

I am currently doing a fundraiser to help the 61 rabbits being rescued if you want to take part in that :D Money is being divided up between the rescues that are taking them in
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=164180

I also have a sanctuary for eldery and special needs rabbits and we offer rabbit sponsorship :) have a look at our website www.rainbowrabbits.co.uk

A lot of other rescues on here also offer sponsorship for their permanent residents

Just adding we accept paypal for both :D One of our bunnies would feel so special to have a US sponsor :lol:

I would love to sponsor!!

Back