• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehome gerboys

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
These two lovely boys are Moon (white) and Sunny (creamish) They are both 3 1/2 weeks old and will be ready to go to a new home in 3 1/2 weeks.
Their mother and sisters are already reserved and will be going to live with Jack_Bun once they are ready and when we can organise a Gerbil Run :)

DSC09510Small.jpg

I had a group of three boys (dad and two sons) for three years until dad and one son passed away. (Still have the other boy going strong!) and they never had a problem. My group of related girls did fall out after a couple of years though and one had to be separated. Apparently thats more common - the boys seem to have less problems :D

:love: Can 2 adult boy gerbils live happily together?

Male gerbils can often be kept in groups. They get along much better than the females who are more likely to declan if kept in groups. Saying that if they are littermates or mother/children groups they have a much higher chance of staying together :)

I had a group of three boys (dad and two sons) for three years until dad and one son passed away. (Still have the other boy going strong!) and they never had a problem. My group of related girls did fall out after a couple of years though and one had to be separated. Apparently thats more common - the boys seem to have less problems :D

Exactly :)

:love: I had gerbils when I was younger - my Dad got stuff from work (he's a builder) and they made their own tunnels. Fascinating creatures :D

I'm going for a look on e-bay - might just "happen" to look at tanks :D

They sure are! If only more people realised how important it is for them to dig their own tunnels. They dont do nearly so well in wire cages :) Enjoy looking! lol

They are gorgeous!! Their names are lovely:love::love:

:wave: What type tank would be best - Pets @ Home type gerbilarium
http://www.petsathome.com/find/category-is-6+small+pets/brand-is-pets_at_home/product-is-14991 (they have bigger ones in-store)
a "normal" tank or a gerbilarium with little glass shelves in it?

I think it would be better and 'roomier' :)lol:) to use a normal tank:D This is what tank the girls will have:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=162361

It is 4ft from eBay. Hope you find one:D x

Jack x

Last edited:
:lol: Cheers Jack! I've been on a couple of gerbil forums and some of the set-ups are amazing.

Aren't they just:shock: I get so jealous:lol::lol:

eGerbil is fanatstic;) :D

It's a shame you are so far away, I have got a spare 4ft tank, exactly like the one on that thread.:(

Jack x x

Like Jack says the plain old aquariums are the best. You are much better to go for a bigger tank rather than get tank toppers or the ones with shelves as tunnelling is the most important thing. The ones with the shelves look pretty but the shelves for gerbils are really fairly pointless. They just take up all the room that instead could be filled lots of substrate for deep tunnels. Also with cage type toppers its sooo easy for them to get unhealthy stereotypical behaviour in the form of bar chewing :)

I have one of the tanks that has shelves in it, but its 3 foot by 18" x 18" so there is loads of room to have really deep digging material AND have the shelves. They love the shelves actually - they are often hopping up and down from one to the other :D

Back