• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Arrival at The Rabbit Crossing

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Meet Tom, or Thomas Mcgovan to give him his proper name. He arrived today amid much sadness. His family are emigrating to Australia and they couldn't take him with them despite loving him to bits.
IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

So, he'll be with us for the foreseeable future. Never had piggies before so it will be a steep learning curve.

He's settled really well and is loving his hay! He'll be neutered soon and bonded with a lady pig. He loves his cuddles and talks so much. I can totally understand why the family have found it so hard to say goodbye.

They home-checked me, which I was most impressed by. I wish more folks did this.:D He arrived is his own accommodation, which will be upgraded to a larger indoor cage tomorrow and will replace the shavings with a more suitable alternative - Megazorb.

He's a cutie hey?

Last edited:
He's lovely :love: Is he going to be a permanent addition? Well done to his previous owners for doing a home-check :D

We don't know yet. We have promised to keep him a while so that he isn't passed around. But we do have someone who would like to bond him to her piggy. We feel we owe it to the family to keep him a while so that they know where he is. They know that we are rabbit folks and are happy for us to rehome if we find somewhere that we would be happy with.

As for them homechecking, I was delighted. I met them via ebay when I asked them if they would end their auction for a wendy house early and explained what I wanted it for (rabbit housing). Only then did they ask if we knew someone who might take a piggy. They had actually found a home but following on from something that one of the family members said about piggies, changed their minds.

We will be staying in touch too via facebook so I feel like I will have an extended family in Australia, what with Harriet Big Bun's mummy and Daddy emigrating a few weeks ago too.

Oh Helen he is yummy. I am hoping he, William and Graham have converted you to the world of the wonderful Guineas :) You know that we are very smitten by their adorable ways :)

Oh Helen he is yummy. I am hoping he, William and Graham have converted you to the world of the wonderful Guineas :) You know that we are very smitten by their adorable ways :)

Well, we have a lot to learn Erin, but David has just been sitting on the sofa with Thomas and Jo Jo the cat and all was very peaceful. Methinks David is in love.

Future job for Janice coming up? ;)

Maybe, but he's not actually an ARC piggie, so she's probably off the hook.

I have someone who would really like him if we decide not to give him a permanent home. Not sure that David will actually want to let him go though...:love:

Maybe, but he's not actually an ARC piggie, so she's probably off the hook.

I have someone who would really like him if we decide not to give him a permanent home. Not sure that David will actually want to let him go though...:love:
:lol: David is as soppy as you when it comes to the furries :D

Back