• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pics of a Spanish Dog Rescue Centre

devoted2buns

Mama Doe
Last year I visited a dog rescue centre in spain. Way up in the mountains!! They have kennels FULL of dogs and they loose a dog or 2 every month due to dog fights in the kennels, apart from that they are run very similar to ours in the proceedure that they do things. Here are some pics of my visit.

P1012041.jpg

P1012037.jpg

P1012043.jpg

P1012040.jpg

P1012049.jpg

P1012048.jpg

P1012057.jpg

P1012055.jpg

P1012056.jpg

P1012053.jpg

P1012050.jpg

Aww so many dogs :( what ashame... its so good their are places like this but soo sad to see so many dogs.. some of which look unhappy :( xx

It was an experience and an eye opener. Allot of the dogs were scared and did look un-happy. The lady was telling us that allot of them would stay there until they died because no one wanted the old/dodgy ones. If I lived there, i'd take the one that had been there the longest.

I think it looks great, they have a lot more freedom than if they were in a traditional type kennel. They have a lot more space and company. it's a shame that some fights happen though, i suppose if one kicks off out of the blue the others join in though :?

Awww poor things. The cleanliness in the photos looks really good even though the beds have seen better days so someones doing a fab job looking after them. I think its nice to see them alltogether, shame the fights happen:cry:. Its nice to see someone is trying to improve the lives of these unwanted dogs.:)

I go to Sidari in Corfu where they have a massive stray dog & feral cat problem, the volunteers do an amazing job raising funds to neuter and rehome the animals.

It looks like they are doing an amazing job on very limited funds!

Good on you for going to visit. They are doing a great job but seeing pictures like that absolutely breaks my heart. Rabbits are by far my favourite pet, but I can't bare to see dogs like that waiting for homes. I too went to Sidari in Corfu and it made me ill. I would have done anything to get home. If only I could win the lottery......

Back