• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hols For Rabbits

hilary

Warren Scout
im looking for everyones thoughts-
about setting up a small animal boarding
i live in NI and last yr when i was going on hols i had nobody to look after my 6rabbits -until the last moment when my sis volunteered -she has ME-and usually cant do very much. we where away 2nights . as far as i know there is nothing over here for that. and im seriously thinking of setting up one
all thoughts/advice would be great.

I think it sounds like a great idea. I would pm holidayhutch as she runs one as is highly recomended on here so she knows her stuff! XxX

Have a look at 'Camp Nibbles' site. It'd be a great way to promote rabbit welfare as well.

Hi hun , we do bunny boarding ,we started nearly 5 years ago now and have never looked back. we have learned alot over the past 5 years , hers a few pointers to look to have in place : Insurance with a good well known company , check what they pay out for before you choose which one.
Large hutches 8ft for rabbits
5ft min for guineapigs.
plenty of good quality hay
choice of diets
Get a vet to cover your buisness, preferably one who does their own 24 hour cover.ours is 5 mins away
Use DEFRA products for cleaning /steam cleaner and good one as it gets used alot !
also ask your vet for bunny and small animal first aid kit and also teaching you on what to look for if the bunny is poorly.
Make sure all bunnies have Myximatosis injections every 6 months and VHD once a year.

very importantly you will need and isolation area for quarentine , i have 2 of these places.

If your vet is happy ask him to inspect how you have set up , they can also assist you on many issues that effect the smooth running of animal boarding.

goodluck hun. feel free to Pm if you want any help.

Last edited:
I think it sounds like a great idea. I would pm holidayhutch as she runs one as is highly recomended on here so she knows her stuff! XxX

Aaaaaaaw thank you:) Feel free to PM me Hilary if I can help at all. It is important to get it right as a lot of boarding places aren't all they claim to be and may give misleading and wrong information that means you may get it wrong too in following the advice you may read.
Good luck with your venture though:)

I fogot to add you also need good run areas, where you can have safe runs for buns.
I rent extra land to have my runs on which is fantastic.

Back