• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor temp for buns?

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
I have my heating on in the morning and all through the evening when Im home, but then its off all night and the house gets really cold. I was wondering if my bunnies are warm enough at night is something I should be doing? They have a big basket with hay in and vet bed, but they don't really lay on either and any cardboard boxes get munched instantly? What do other indoor bunny parents do?

My heating also is turned off during the evening..
If your bun hasnt been outside then your house should feel warm anyway :)

Bruno is fine throughout the night, they will snuggle in the hay if there cold :)

They should be fine. I suppose its the same as if they did live outside. warmer in the day and colder at night. As long as they have lots of hay I wouldnt worry. :D

OK thanks I was feeling bad for them, because as soon as the fire goes on they come and flop infront of it!

last night was the coldest in quite a few years , all my buns are in a heated bunny shed , I did make sure that our heating came on for 1 hour during the night so the hamsters didn't get to cold.

My house has heating on to 22 during the day, but its off at night. Charlie always seems fine, and will run about whether its warm or cold. If he does get a bit cold he just lays in bed with me till he warms up :love:

Mine's usually off at night too, though for the past few nights I've set the thermostat to come on if the indoor temperature dropped below 10C. I dont think it came on much (though I probably slept through it!) so our houses are warmer than we think at night.

Muppet persists in sleeping by the patio door on a thin door mat, throughout this cold spell, so he's clearly not that bothered :roll: He has a cage with newspaper underneath to insulate it and profleece inside to snuggle into; presumably if he were cold he'd go there!

Back