• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water bottle freezing problems

AJ77

New Kit
Hi,

I have year old darwf lap/dutch bunny, who is not minding the cold weather but his water bottles are requarly freezing solid is there a way round this ?

I have covers on water bottles that in theory stop them freezing.

I've put a bowl of water in his run today and unfozen his bottles, he likes to drink out of bowls and seems ok.

Rach

If you already have an insulated cover on the bottle there is not much more you can do, I think we all have the same problems. What I do is change the bottle as the last thing I do before I go to bed and again when I wake up. That way it is only going to be frozen for a few hours max. The insulation stops it from freezing most of the time but last night it was extremely cold so it did freeze :?

wouldent bother with the bottle covers,this"may" prevent the water in the bottle from freezing but the water in the nozzle will still freeze leaving bunny without water,i wonder how many people would look at the bottle and see it not frozen and think bun has water but the water in nozzle be frozen.

Back