• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Too hot in living room?

Maria786

Warren Scout
We keep our bun inside as I tried to get him a bit of sun outside (it was chilly but sun was shining through) after I cleaned his hutch. Poor thing didnt even come out for food, and just huddled inside. He looked depressed, so I brought him back into the house and when we came in the living room and I put him back in his corner he became lively and seemed happy again and began to eat.

I am afraid it might be too hot for him, in the evenings, we have the radiators on set at 20degrees, and plus the fire on low.

Im a little confused by your post?

Do you mean he lives indoors but you put him outside for a little while, or vice versa.:lol:

Im a little confused by your post?

Do you mean he lives indoors but you put him outside for a little while, or vice versa.:lol:

Heh, ok sorry I just read that back to me and it sounds odd!

I keep him inside normally, but thought it might be too hot, so yesterday I thought, ok a bit of sunshine today so why dont i try to put him out. He wasnt happy so I brought him back in. The trouble is, it might be too hot in the living room for him, eventhough he is lively. Is there any harm keeping him in the temperature that I mentioned. Maximum these days, would be about 23degrees. I heard they get heat stroke, hence my question.

He isnt kept next to a radiator, far from it infact.

If he has always been an indoor bun then I wouldnt worry. If he is not near a radiatior then im sure he is fine..

If he is lively then he definately is not too hot.

I wouldnt suggest putting him in and out if he isnt used to it though.
Rapid temp change is not good for a bun.

One of my buns is living indoors until the Spring.

The best way to see if your rabbit is too hot, is to feel his ears, if they are hot then so is he, rabbits regulate temp with their ears.

Hope this helps.

Hi

I have my bun inside its about 22 degrees normally and she doesnt seem to mind she is always racing around and never seems bothered even after a mad blast. I would assume that it is more excessive heat which would cause problems like a hot summers day 30 degrees plus, i:D have 2 staffys as well and they say the same about them, that they get heat stroke really easily but they are ok up to about 30 degress they sunbathe but then just lay out on the tiles when they too hot.

hope that helps :D

Back