• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally!

MellyRabiit

Alpha Buck
Lottie and Alfie learned how to use the litter tray!! :love:

After many attempts... there are stil a few stray poos, but majority in the tray. :lol:

Only problem is.. Harley has decided that he doesnt like the litter tray anymore, and digs everything out of it :roll:

Lottie and Alfie learned how to use the litter tray!! :love:

After many attempts... there are stil a few stray poos, but majority in the tray. :lol:

Only problem is.. Harley has decided that he doesnt like the litter tray anymore, and digs everything out of it :roll:

Aww thats great :D Wish mine would :(

The only way I could do it, was layer the whole bottom floor with hay and discuss the litter tray in the hay, then eventually they did a few poos, I picked them up and put them in the litter tray.

Now they just use the litter tray and I dont need to disguise it as much..
But it is lined with hay, they wont poo on shavings etc.. so i have to clean it out often :roll:

The only way I could do it, was layer the whole bottom floor with hay and discuss the litter tray in the hay, then eventually they did a few poos, I picked them up and put them in the litter tray.

Now they just use the litter tray and I dont need to disguise it as much..
But it is lined with hay, they wont poo on shavings etc.. so i have to clean it out often :roll:

Thats a good idea actually! Well ive given there hutches a clean today so i might give it a go today! What do you use for your litter trays if you dont mind me asking ? :D x

I bought two cat litter trays, the rectangle shaped ones from PAH. ONly cost about £3..

you will need to push it into a corner though, as it isnt shaped for rabbits (which often pee up against a corner) Luckily mine have learnt to adapt :lol:

I put a layer of newspaper in the bottom..

then loads of hay, which has been in their hutch for a while (and smells like the buns) to cover the newspaper.. when they start pooing and weeing, put some in the top of the litter tray, and keep this up for a while..

Try not to clean it out until they get the hang of it, then take some bits out at a time..
Remember when cleaning it out to put some poops and wee back in the top.. or even deeper down.. so they dont forget :roll:

It was fully disguised. ;)

I bought two cat litter trays, the rectangle shaped ones from PAH. ONly cost about £3..

you will need to push it into a corner though, as it isnt shaped for rabbits (which often pee up against a corner) Luckily mine have learnt to adapt :lol:

I put a layer of newspaper in the bottom..

then loads of hay, which has been in their hutch for a while (and smells like the buns) to cover the newspaper.. when they start pooing and weeing, put some in the top of the litter tray, and keep this up for a while..

Try not to clean it out until they get the hang of it, then take some bits out at a time..
Remember when cleaning it out to put some poops and wee back in the top.. or even deeper down.. so they dont forget :roll:

It was fully disguised. ;)

Ahh right ill have a look on the PAH website, thankyou :D Ill see what we have about the house to see if i can start today:D x

Back