• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Wesley UPDATE

hurricanhoney

Wise Old Thumper
Just had to take him to the emergency vets as he kept falling over and he was quite distressed. Well he has had an anti inflamatory and antibiotic. He's got to go back tomorrow night for some more anitbiotics. Unfortunately it sounds like he may have some sort of parasite or bacterial infection and they said he would need to be put on wormer for a long time. I will get some wormer for Honey to when I am there.

Last edited:
Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear this....I'm guessing the vets feel he either has EC or an inner ear infection, but it sounds as though they are doing everything they should be.

Hope he is feeling better soon. :(

Just seen my usual vet and she was really good he has improved and not got worse. They are treating him for suspected EC and she has given me some baytril and panacur for every day for 28days I also asked to treat Honey to with the panacur. The only thing she was concerned about was his right pupil and it was not acting as normal. She said in an older rabbit this would indicate brain damage. I'm to see how he gets on and monitor his eating etc. He's having a bit of a kip now.

Back