• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Girlfriend for Bigwig - Help finding suitable Doe

Watership_Down

Warren Scout
Need your help please. We have had bigwig for about a month now. Initially i spent most of my day by his cage making him welcome into our family. i have found recently i have been so busy and cant always give him attention and i was thinking about getting a partner for him as i know rabbits are so social.
Does anyone know of any rabbit rescues in Scotland near Dundee. And also what do you all think? It would be a big commitment to take on.

Also he's not been nuetured yet. it is something we will do but in the meantime if the female was done would that be an issue?

**Update** We would be willing to travel to find a suitable match

Last edited:
I think having a bonded pair is no more trouble than a single bun. Easier sometimes as you don't have to worry about giving them so much human company. There'll be double the vaccs costs, and possibly double vet fees, depending on health. I haven't really noticed much of an increase in food costs - cheaper if anything as I buy everything in bulk.

You would have to have him neutered ideally, as even though he wouldn't be able to reproduce he will still more than likely pester the doe by mounting!

Shame you aren't closer as I have a beautiful doe needing a good home.

You would have to have him neutered ideally, as even though he wouldn't be able to reproduce he will still more than likely pester the doe by mounting!

Shame you aren't closer as I have a beautiful doe needing a good home.

really do you have a pic?
lol its like speed dating!!

Have you looked on Rabbit Rehome? You can search your local area.
I agree, two rabbits are no more trouble although they are obviously more expensive. I agree, I would get him neutered first. :D

I do somewhere..... Do you have facebook?
Have you checked the SSPCA? I just had a look on rabbit rehome for you then realised I have no idea exactly which part of scotland is near to dundee!:oops:

If you add me (Angela Swan) my avatar is a dog standing in snow, I have some pics of her on there.:) She's probably about 1/3rd the size of Bigwig..she's tiny :shock:

:lol:
No just the one! I haven't got room at the moment for any more!!
There is a doe in Angus on RR but she's being rehomed by a private individual, and by the sounds of it isn't neutered. :(

:lol:
No just the one! I haven't got room at the moment for any more!!
There is a doe in Angus on RR but she's being rehomed by a private individual, and by the sounds of it isn't neutered. :(

:cry: yes saw that but shes kinda small aswell.
Gosh this matchmaking hard stuff!!

If you keep an eye on rabbit rehome or the fife rabbit rescue website you might see a suitable girl that comes in :) There are some buns on the waiting list that will be going into the rescue soon.

You can have them bonded at the rescue but your boy would have to be neutered first as most females will not tolerate constant mounting :lol:

Alternatively you can try CARROT which is in Angus:

http://www.bunnyhugger.co.uk/

I'd get him neutered first, as it would be unfair on the female.

Doesnt stop you looking around though :)

Back