• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noobie.. Looking For Old English Male...

ShellyBear

New Kit
:wave:
Hi Everyone

We Have always had rabbits (10yrs plus)
We only have an old english Female called Dotty
Her hubby died a few weeks ago :(
Yugi had a stroke last year and the vet wanted to put him down:(

We said no thanks and nursed him back to health (99%)
but unfortunately his heart gave up and dotty pines for him:(

So at this point Dotty would love a new hubbybun
We have had many types but our harts love old english

We had a beautiful Old english male and he lived with us for over 10yrs
Rascal was a house rabbit he told the cats he was boss lol...
And all our buns where resued by us except dotty she was bought by a friend.

Thats enough for now lol
Thanks
Michelle, Paul, Dori the dog, Figgy,Willow and tigger the cats, Dotty the bun, cosmo and wanda the goldfish (from the fair 10yrs ago) and Ruby our ratty:love:

Hello and welcome to Rabbits United :wave:

I'm sorry to hear of your loss' and your bunnies have cute names :)

I'd be nice getting to know you more and if you ever need help, just look for a person with their nickname in a light green colour.

Diana xx

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Hi everyone,
What a nice surprise to have speedy replies!

I'am looking forward to meeting other bunny people.
I'ts my first time using forums, had to be persuaded by my hubby as computors scare me lol

The longer we had bunnies the longer the list of fond memorys of my gang

But all but one left now as she was a gift from a close friend, after my beautiful Nutmeg died last year aged 6

For the record there has been a few lol
Rascal, Sandy, Tomasina 1 & 2 (loved the name so much ), Nutmeg, yugi, snowball, Cloud, Star, Cleo, Dax, Button, Bob, Jounior,

My sons thought it would be fun to put Rascal with the girls..
About 25 babies later we made sure it didn't happen again lol
Thats just 3 litters lol
We found homes for the new babies but could not part with one..
I would of kept them all if my hubby let me lol
But had him working hard to Make Loads of hutches to seperate the boys and girls while rehoming and nutering.
Then we where left with 3 girls and 1 boy.
snip snip and Rascal loved his harem of chicks lol
As we kept the original rescued buns and one baby Nutmeg we got alot of our garden Back, to my husbands relief.

My oldest son came home with a lost bunny Yugi ,our boy who we lost recently:(

And our original gang has gone now:( :(
we only have Dotty, sad time.....:cry:
She sits in Yugis favorite spot, and every time I go see her its like she says "can you bring him back now please"

After having a big gang and now just the one there is a big gap in our lives:(

We where very lucky with our bun as they all where soft and friendly, and got on with all our other pets.
think thats enough about me lol

Thanks for the top tips etc

Can you tell me about your buns?
would love to know what type they are...?
and what they get up to
Baby-bella and foofoo

Thankyou
Michelle....and Paul, looking over my shoulder being patient with me lol:)

needle in a haystack lol

Hi Everyone
Yes been browsing but not found any local to us yet...
Manchester, blackburn, bolton, nearest stud bun we like is in west yorkshire...
Dusty, but reserved :(
My husband will drive me anywhere to make me happy Lol:love:

If anyone find a stud bun near my location you can pm me ?

we are in Darwen Lancashire and dont mind a drive lol
Untill then we will keep looking:roll:

Thankyou all :wave:

Hi there & welcome :wave: so sorry to hear of your loss :( we are getting a wifey for my floopy hopefully soon ;) subscribe to the rescue section and then you'll get an email everytime one comes up ;)

dont get a stud bunny you will have difficulty bonding adn he wil lconstantly hump your speyed female. i would go for a local rescue and get an already neutered male to pair up with your girl.. how old a bun are you classing as old?(adn how old is dotty?) look on rabbit rehome in the seniors section for older bunnys. a rescue will help with the bonding if you need.

Whoops figure of speech

Hi All

When I said stud I mean handsom bunny lol

We are not breeding them, lol :lol:
In the past it wasn't planned, my sons put them together for a laugh
But we didnt laugh lol (then)

We want a companion for dotty, she is about one year old now.
Prefarably newtered as dotty has not been spaded yet,
Yugi was snipped aparantly, the vet said he had been, as he was a stray we had no idea till vet check,
We posted flyers everywhere stating lost bunny but no one came or called for him.
Then he became part of the family lol

Will check and join the e-mail scheme

Thanks for all the advise....great start for us with all the tip's
Many many thanks everyone

Michelle:p

Aww sounds like a great start.
Im sure there are some bunny rescues that will reply to this with a bunny male for you :)

Alot on this site have lots of bunnies, I myself have now got 5, starting with one vowing not to get another :roll::lol:

Any advice you need, you have come ot the best place :)

Hello again :wave: i'm new to the forum also. I have 2 house bunnies, ted and bunny foo foo, male and female. Our first rabbits and i love them so much :love: Ted is a black and white dutch and is around 6/7 years old, foo foo is a grey and white medium lop and is around 4 years old, it took a while but they love each other now! I'm also looking after a boy bun archie until he can be rehomed ( long story) he lives in our summer house and hopefully he'll find a loving home soon :)

Hi FooFoo and everyone :wave:

Your avatar pic of your buns is soooo cute :D
I can't seem to find right size pic for my avatar..lol
Keeps saying unable to upload for size problem...lol

Hope Alfie finds love of a bun soon.;)

We had simalar prob in past with Yugi
He had to live in the shed.lol.... my hubby had to convert it..
We where hoping the original owners would come for him:(

But they didnt :(
Glad they didnt really, but we at least tried,
We found out he was snipped and then he had the girls for company:love:

How do you put your pics up on here for all share?
would like to show every one our buns past and presant..

And some good news....:p

We took advise ( from Here)
And visited RSPCA Altham in lancashire (free advert lol he he)
And decided to give a rescue bun a home..:)

We me a lad called Maxamillion part lionhead part old englis part lop
He bonded with me instantly climbing up me and licking my head lol

We paid the £5 deposit and now have to take Dotty bun and our granddaughter to met Max, then Home visit from the RSPCA to check all is well, then we can collect him yipeeeee,

the guy who showed us the bun hut said its first time since he worked there that he's been in the bun hut and not many find homes :(

Need more people to adopt a bun they had quite a few..wanted them all....lol
But not got that much space :(

Well Max Hopefully should be with us by next week fingers crossed:p
took pic of him lol
But I would still like more in time..
Prefareably 3 girls and one boy thats my goal lol:love:

So this is not over yet the search for buns lol lol:lol:

Thanks Michelle:wave:

That's great news about max! Hopefully dotty will fall in love with him :love: There's nothing better than giving a rescue bunny a loving home. Both my rabbits are rescues and i rescued archie from a bad home, he needed a dental and i had him neutered to calm him down and so he can have a wife one day :D. Such a shame about the bunnies in the hut :( There's a help using the forum section that tells you how to post photos :) i use photo bucket to post photos. Would love to see photos of your bunnies!x

im really please you found a bunny...1yr old is not old for a rabibt they cna live until 4years! :) if she isnt speyed before you put them to gether i urge you to get her done for 2 reasons.. 1 the risk of uterine cancer(over 85% die of it) and 2 it will make bonding easier. have you got your neutral space all ready? ever bonded before? it can be stressful you need a small area many people use the bathroom and if the buns have been there befoer then it needs to be doused in white vinegar to neutralise all bunny smells. then both buns get introduced in ther eput hidey holes and toys adn food piles in there but nothing that smells like it belongs to either of them already. then you will need to keep an eye on them for around 48hourse usually as a minimum guide. humping chasing fur pulling adn nipping are normal doninance behaviours and must be allowe dsothey can sort out their pecking order however if they start circling adn locking on fighting they need seperating to stop injury then retrying.. there is awhole section on the forum about bonding we are here if you wnat help!! xxx

edited: feeling a bit daft i gues sby old english you meant the breed..... oupps!!! thought you wantd an old.... english rabbit. as in a more mature man!! x

Change of Plan :(

Hi everyone

Been very busy as late..
long story My daughter is having her 4th baby and is having complications again:oops:

So Lots of running round and after many Grand kids to :lol:

And Dotty our old English bun has had eye infection which meant max had to got to someone else :cry:

But on the bright side a friend of mine was reading the local paper and came round with with it to show me some buns for sale and basically talked in to going, because she was going to pay me for two new buns...:?

So after seeing them me and my husband picked 3 gorgeous baby buns

The lady called sue joined this site to ( hi Sue)

And lol.. they are a mixture
bun 1 = Hamish... Black sort of mini lionhead erm... looks like scottish terrier lol
bun 2 = Spike... mini old english mixed with lion head, grey insead of black lol
bun 3 = nutmeg... bigger than her friends... sandy brown darker patchesdotted about lol

Will put pics on when I got more time...
Thankyou for the great advice
and Dotty will be snipped in the nextmonth :p

The sex of these guys or gals... the jury is still out on that one lol lol
Thanks everyone :love:

Hi All:wave:

Just had dotty spaded yesterday:D

And abit of dental our vet is great shes the best :love:

We call her the Rabbit Lady:lol:

She works in Darwen Lancashire vet practice.
Rather not give her name out as this might break some rules of privacy;)

better being safe:lol:

Taking dotty back today for checkup at 2.30pm
Checked her this morning and she's fine bit quite she has eaten not much but some:?
Keeping close eye on her....well my husband likes to check them when they have operations etc

And he always gives the medicines too...
he's got the knack with that job...

Gonna take the three buns in today aswell, the vet lady said she will sex them for us..
And shouldnt cost anything extra:p

She didn't charge us for the consultation to check her teeth and general health :shock:

Although it did cost £110 for spade and teeth filed..
Worth every penny or pound to keep our Dotty well:love:

Will post later the sex of our new arrivals
and hopefully my hubby will put pic's up too..;)

Ta ta for now
Michelle x

Back