• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cold !!!!!

Julia123

Warren Veteran
How are you keeping your bunnies warm... its sooooo cold !!! :shock::cry:

I have topped up the hay, stuffed hay around the water bowl and topped it up with boiling water - I have an old quilt I could take out for them but am worried they may shred it and eat the filling?

Edit - I also put a load of cardboard in the main covered run.

Last edited:
It's vile isn't it?
My two were absolutely freeing to the touch when I took their dinner and snugglesafe out and the tarpaulin was stiff with frost.

I really hope they are going to be OK, I've never felt this uneasy about them being outside before. :?

I am really worried about them to they are covered with nets & tarpaulin as usual and we have put duvets over the top as well and added loads of hay, not sure what else to do :?

I wouldn't theory too much. As long as they are out of the wind, have hay to snuggle in and each other to cuddle up to. I'm popping a snugglesafe in with the outside bunnies tonight, and I top up their water with boiling water which they love and should keep their little tummies warm!

:lol: yeah but it makes me feel even worse about seeing Daisy and Gabe happily running round under my bed - gabe with a mad moult on !! Poor Bungle and Nush.... :cry:

awwww hun they got each other to snuggle with and a lovely pad to hide from the cold if they want too.... ive never seen a winter coat in a bunny but im sure its up to the job no matter how low the temp drops :D

hows your new job & bf going *nosey*

awwww hun they got each other to snuggle with and a lovely pad to hide from the cold if they want too.... ive never seen a winter coat in a bunny but im sure its up to the job no matter how low the temp drops :D

hows your new job & bf going *nosey*

Yeah they both have big thick coats :love::love: Job and bf going grrreaaaet thanks !!!! :p If anything feel a little overwhelmed at how everything has changed and so much for the better !! Thanks for asking xx

Yeah they both have big thick coats :love::love: Job and bf going grrreaaaet thanks !!!! :p If anything feel a little overwhelmed at how everything has changed and so much for the better !! Thanks for asking xx

hehe i likes you girly poofing on RU :love::love::love:

hehe i likes you girly poofing on RU :love::love::love:

:oops: Fank you :D:D:love::love: Hopes I'm not being a mug again .....:roll::roll:

My hands are FROZEN !!! Just made a 2 fab bunny dens :D:D Bungle and Nush have an old TV cabinet in the main run, its up against the kennel bit - it already had a blanket on the second shelf so I have covered the whole thing in a duvet and added a cushion to the bottom shelf making a big duvet tent !!! They LOVE it !! They are exploring now and Bungle is buzzing like crazy :lol::lol::lol: I have also filled the kennel to over 4ft high with hay !! :lol::lol::lol: Feel a bit better now :D ..... apart from not being able to feel my fingers :lol:

I'm just giving them extra hay to snuggle into... and changing the water as often as I can. Them not having access to water is my main concern. I put fresh water out for them this morning, but it was -7°C when I left for work and wouldn't have taken long to freeze. Put fresh in when I got home and they were eager for it. :(

Hannah

I'm just giving them extra hay to snuggle into... and changing the water as often as I can. Them not having access to water is my main concern. I put fresh water out for them this morning, but it was -7°C when I left for work and wouldn't have taken long to freeze. Put fresh in when I got home and they were eager for it. :(

Hannah

I have packed hay around my water bowl and it does seem to help a little - plus putting some boiling water in to make it lukewarm seems to help.

I have packed hay around my water bowl and it does seem to help a little - plus putting some boiling water in to make it lukewarm seems to help.

packing round it a little is a good idea - I'll try that tonight - thanks!

Back