• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding in Scotland. Help needed!

fiona3

Warren Scout
I have two rescued rabbits. They both have to be kept a close eye on as one has a dental every month,(back teeth grow inwards) and one is sadly a bit fat. She has no problems apart from being greedy and is on a diet now although progress is slow. :roll: One eats very little and one eats everything!:lol:

I usually have my mum look after them while i am away for weekends (only ever been once for a week since i got them because i hate leaving them). This year i dont feel confident in leaving them with my mum. She is confident with them and knows them well but im not sure she would would know if they were ill and she doesnt drive.

The dental bunny will have had his dental before we go away and little fat bun :pwill hopefully have lost a bit more of weight by then. So i cant forsee any problems being left with someone who knows about rabbits.

I was wondering if anyone can recommed a good rabbit boarding place in central Scotland? or any rescues that holiday board buns? I can travel as i would rather do that and know they were being looked after by someone who knows about rabbits than put them in any pet hotel.

I know a kennel locally that take rabbits but they are primarily a dog kennel i would really like them to go somewhere rabbit savvy! because of their problems. Any help MUCH appreciated!

:wave: I'm looking for somewhere as well. Someone on RU has boarded their buns at Edinburgh City Farm but I can't remember their name to ask them if they would recommend it.

am looking too lol, we should all just board each others buns lol!! then if were in doubt we have ru to check with any issues lol:lol:

:wave: I'm looking for somewhere as well. Someone on RU has boarded their buns at Edinburgh City Farm but I can't remember their name to ask them if they would recommend it.

Do you mean Gorgie City Farm - they have a website if you google them :D

edit - sorry I thought you meant you couldn't remember the name of the farm, not the person :oops::lol::oops:

am looking too lol, we should all just board each others buns lol!! then if were in doubt we have ru to check with any issues lol:lol:

Wouldnt that be just great? I have a spare hutch in my garden but its only 5ft but i have a massive run nearly 20ft by 8ft. Happy to help if needed! I know lots of Pet hotels take in rabbits for boarders but there are so few in Scotland that are really rabbit wise. I will check out the creature comforts one in Clarkston. :D

I know a couple of good pet sitters, but they are all based in Falkirk and visit houses, so not ideal as i doubt they would travel that far, even though its not far if you know what i mean. Was just curious when you said central scotland.

Though if you dont mind traveling, i would recomend contacting Fife Rabbit Rescue or CARROT

I know a couple of good pet sitters, but they are all based in Falkirk and visit houses, so not ideal as i doubt they would travel that far, even though its not far if you know what i mean. Was just curious when you said central scotland.

Though if you dont mind traveling, i would recomend contacting Fife Rabbit Rescue or CARROT

Thankyou i know of Fife rabbit rescue. I didnt know the boarded though. Will check out Carrot as well. Many thanks:D

Back