• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring greens

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Dont know if this should be in Rabbit or General chat???

Anyway ive not been able to get ahold of spring greens in asda for some time so went to tesco and all they had was sliced but now they have stopped them also? I went on the asa website and they have the spring greens on the website to order?

Has anyone else had a problem getting them or is it just my asda and tesco?

Mine are having savoy cabbage and romaine lettuce but they dont enjoy it as much as spring greens!! They look at it as if to say "wheres the Spring greens? you think im eating that......ok maybe just a little!"

They might be calling them 'greens' rather than 'spring greens' at the moment especially online, so try a broader search. I suspect it's the wrong time of year for them in general so they're not in full supply.

I tend to use pointed cabbage or if not savoy if I can't get hold of greens :)

I was unable to find any spring greens last weekend. I looked at Sainsbury's, Co-op and the local market. I ended up getting carrots with tops, kale and sprout tops instead. Bunnies are not amused! (They are still eating though.):)

Green cabbage seems to be in short supply, too. Ocado don't have the big greens leaves on their website, so I tend to get green cabbage or pointed cabbage instead. They substituted green cabbage with savoy cabbage the last two times, and two of my bunnies were feeling poorly for a short while after eating it. Might just be a coincidence, but now I don't want to risk feeding it any more.

I wonder if they've been killed off by the frosts, their leaves must be more vulnerable than the more closely formed cabbages.

Thats true. My local (large) Sainsbugs and Tesco have only had the bagged chopped Spring Greens for the last few days. Its costing me an arm and a leg !!

Green cabbage seems to be in short supply, too. Ocado don't have the big greens leaves on their website, so I tend to get green cabbage or pointed cabbage instead. They substituted green cabbage with savoy cabbage the last two times, and two of my bunnies were feeling poorly for a short while after eating it. Might just be a coincidence, but now I don't want to risk feeding it any more.

Same thing happened here when I bought Kale in the absence of Greens :cry:

I managed to get spring greens from the local farm shop today, though they were £1.59 for a bag smaller than what you normally get in the supermarkets... didnt mind though as at least they had some :)

Spring Greens = Happy Buns :D

If i cant get spring greens, i tend to get sprouts and pointed cabbage though theyre not too keen and the foster buns do leave the sprouts :( I did try sweetheart cabbage too but they left that :( Its a no win situation :( xXx

We can't get none either, we are having to use this really crappy one, that only has about 4 reasonably sized leaved:cry:

My local Asda, Morrissons and Tesco haven't had it for months.

I was in a flat spin on Saturday when my local grocer didn't have any either as he's had no probs upto now getting it, so my buns had savoy and didn't seem to mind too much.

Went down there again today as he promised to get me some and I bought £5 worth to last me!!

Can't get any greens here either and haven't since way before xmas, the buns are not keen on cabbage and keep giving me evils!!

Back