• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed please about newly bonded buns...

CarmenCole

Mama Doe
Hi :wave:

I started bonding Miffy and Nicholas on Saturday, so far so good, no fighting, mounting has died down, and they are cuddling up lots now. :D

My question is...

I have bonded them in a dog crate in my kitchen, and rearranged the NIC setup in the lounge with new fleece blankets, new toys, new food/water bowls, etc. The only thing the same is the rug under the structure, which Nick only had for 3 days before I took him out to bond them. I took it outside and vacuumed it and aired it thoroughly, he is totally toilet trained, so it should be ok, but may have some of his smell.

Do you think they are ready to move into their honeymoon suite, and will the rug cause arguments??

Thanks in advance...

You could shakes some bicarb over it leave for 10 minutes and then hoover it to draw any residual smells out if you want to be extra careful....but I expect it will be fine.

Last edited:
Can you wash the rug at all Carmen ? I tend to get everything out and wash rugs, towels, fleece etc. So glad all is going well :wave:

Can you wash the rug at all Carmen ? I tend to get everything out and wash rugs, towels, fleece etc. So glad all is going well :wave:

I just assumed it couldn't be washed :oops: but if you can wash it then thats the best approach :).

Hi guys and thanks. :D

I cant wash it, it's a proper rug, I only picked it up for a fiver from Ikea, but I thought I'd give it a go. I've moved them in, and there's been a bit more humping, but I think Nick is still goo-eyed and can't believe his luck! :lol:

Miffy hasn't found the upper levels yet, but Nick popped up there earlier and came straight back down when he realised she wasn't with him! :love:

Can you hang the rug out in the air for 48 hours this will help desmell it.

Thanks Janice,

I put it outdoors in the air for 24 hours, then put it back after a really good vacuum. They seem ok with it tbh. I will keep an eye on them tonight and if there's any problems, I'll whip it out. :wave:

Back