• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vets !!!!

jenny s

Mama Doe
well ive just taken my two for there jabs and am not happy with the vets, he seemed to no nothing. i was told they are very rabbit savvy but i think not.

i got quizzed about what food they are on and was told to change them to one the vet recomends as excell is no good for them, they should also only have 3 eggcups of food a day, with plenty of veg (but they are only 13 weeks) was adamant that thumper was a girl and holly a boy and questioned me to see if i got it wrong. after a good 15 min he found thumpers testicle (L) but not the right as he is too fluffy.

they have to go back in two weeks for there 2nd jab.

do you think my normal vets would let me take them back there as i dont mind them doing there jabs but not castration?

sorry to go on abit

I think a few people use one vet (cheaper) for vaccs and the other for any treatment, so I'm sure it would be fine.
I've tried 4 vets in this area before settling on the one I have now who is wonderful!

Lots of my friends use two vets, one for jabs (as its cheaper) and one for other stuff. I did that with mine for castrations as i had a bad experience with my normal vet, so i went to one who someone recommended for the other castrations. i have just recently changed again to someone further afield but someone who is recommended by lots of bunny owners. I must admit having met this vet today - i really made the right choice. My bunnies are almost like my children, and I need a vet who is postive about finding solutions to their problems - not one who wants to find an easy way out.

Back