• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet my new cockatiel

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
After loosing Moody I couldn't stand having a lonely Jojo left behind so I have now a new friend for her and a much appreicated noisy bird. Bertie.

019-9.jpg

017-10.jpg

He came from a woman who had lots of other parrots so when he is 'talking' he sounds like loads of other birds. Jojo already loves him and will shamelessly flirt with him. But he is only a baby, born Aug last year. So he don't quite know what a lady bird needs yet. :lol:

He's lovely. You can tell he's still young because he's still barred - I love when they have their first proper "big bird" moult :love: Isn't it strange how we complain about the noise that cockatiels make, but when we lose one the house is too quiet? :lol:

My ex used to have one called josh at first he always went to nip me then one day he just flew over landed on my knee for a head rub he was lovely and made me laugh for several years, he unfortunately passed away to a mysterious sickness. I didn't think I would miss the noise but I still do especially when I see any. Yours is the exactly same colouring he is gorgeous :wave:

I hadn't relised how much I loved the noise from a boy tiel, I use to tell Moody to be quiet all the time :oops: not that he ever listened.

He doesn't 'say' anything yet thought I heard a 'pretty' yesterday but not sure. Does however do good parrot whistle impressions so don't think a wolf whistle will be too out of order.

I must find a baby squeaky toy as Moody use to join in with it, and it was lovely to hear squeaking from the birds. Silly little things.

Back