• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Summer isn't right :(

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
One of my fosters, Summer, is not right. She saw the vet this morning, and he agrees. She has lost a bit of weight (2.3kg to 2.15kg), and has a boney spine. She is completely fine in herself though which is the most important thing.

She's going in on Thursday to have a small lump removed (which she has had since I got her in August but the RSPCA would not remove), X-rays and blood tests. I'm paying for all this out of my own pocket because I want to know she gets the best care.

This girl may 'only' be a foster, but over the last few months we have gotten so close. She went through a horrid spay and post spay complications and I used to sit with her, and she would seek me out and put her 'affectionate paw' on me.

She choked in October and I was horrified to face losing her. I always had this lovely idea that I could find her and her two bond mates the perfect home, but when she arrived I always felt she would die here. I'm desperate for her to be healthy and have that wonderful life in her perfect home, but if this shows up anything then she will stay with me, right until the very bitter end (her and her two foster buddies).

I love this little girl so much. She's 'my girl' and I always just wanted her to have the best, which if she is healthy, would be a home where she could have all the attention in the world, but if she is unhealthy the best place is here (otherwise the RSPCA will euthanise her).

I'm just very gutted for her, we have come through so much (obesity problems, mites-both of which she arrived with- spay issues, choking and then a tape worm) and it seems so unfair for her to have to face this now. I had a bun who had a tumour last year and we brought him home and gave him 6 wonderful weeks until we knew it was time. It was so hard to do that, and it feels too soon to do it again, but if I have then, then I will. I'm scared for her.

ETA- sorry if that's waffly and not understandable, I haven't eaten since Friday and my brain is REALLY fluffy.

awh gosh! :(
Poor summer, i hope shes better soon. Lots of vibes for her!! :)
I hope you are ok aswell xxxx

Back