• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

waitrose/greenfields rescue

youngbunny2

Mama Doe
I was in waitrose in sandhurst and it is running a "community matters" campaign, they choose 3 good causes a month and they are then voted for by custmers putting green disks into the boxes and who ever gets the most gets the higer share of £1000, the other 2 get the rest split between them.I saw this morning that Greenfields rabbit rescue is one of the good causes! so i have been buying like crazy (you get a green disc when you buy something) just wanted to say if anyone needed any shopping then maybe pop in to help greenfields!!!

we had this for fat fluffs in waitrose in kenilworth. We have received about £160 in total from it so very good idea for rescues to do it.

I was in waitrose in sandhurst and it is running a "community matters" campaign, they choose 3 good causes a month and they are then voted for by custmers putting green disks into the boxes and who ever gets the most gets the higer share of £1000, the other 2 get the rest split between them.I saw this morning that Greenfields rabbit rescue is one of the good causes! so i have been buying like crazy (you get a green disc when you buy something) just wanted to say if anyone needed any shopping then maybe pop in to help greenfields!!!

Not wishing to disappoint, but I am not sure that this is the best way to use the funds - I worked for over a year for Greenfields until Lorna decided to take a break from rescuing last January. It was at that point that some of us (core volunteers) went to help at other rescues. To the best of my knowledge, she hasn't actively been taking in or rehoming rabbits much since. In fact some of the bunnies on the website are already rehomed long since and at least one of them has passed away months ago. She does still have some bunnies on site and in fact I believe she had some dumped a week or so ago on her doorstep. she is currently offering boarding, selling hay and supplies though.

Whilst, I am sure that the funds would be much appreciated, I do personally think that it's not fair to mislead people into thinking that it is a full on rescue, and have funds donated accordingly.

If indeed Green Fields has reopened fully as a rescue in the last couple of weeks and I am not aware then I apologise in advance for misinforming anyone.

I am afraid I won't be putting my tokens in that particular container as I think it's unfair to the other two 'good causes' who are up for the same Waitrose gift.:(

your joking?? I sent a donation only a few weeks back:shock: are they just boarding then?? no rescue at all??

I am afraid that I can't be absolutely sure about there being no rescuing, but I can tell you that I work at our vets with one of the ladies on the Bailey's Buddie's page and she hasn't been working there for a year. She still features on the website though.

There are a small number of rabbits still there, but I believe that the hutches are mostly used for boarding.

I am not wishing to mix things up here, but I don't like the fact that there is still a donate button on the website, unyet the site hasn't been changed practically since I left in January. Also the boarding page still shows 2005 details.

Back last year too, the rescue where I now volunteer was asked to help rehome the last few bunnies that are still on the website - they never arrived so we couldn't help rehome them. We have now taken their details down from our site.

I would be very pleased if GF decided to reopen, but baring in mind that it was never made public that it wasn't operating normally, I guess that there will be no such announcement if it does reopen properly.

Sorry to be so blunt.

Don't really have anything to add except to verify what The Duchess has said - I was volunteering in various roles including fostering co-ordinator there until a year ago.

Sorry to dig up an old thread again but I have some info from an RSPCA inspector via a friend.

Greenfields has been asked by the RSPCA if they will take in admissions, however they were told that they would be charged boarding rates.

So Greenfields must now a holiday boarding business, not a rescue/charity.

That certainly isn't right and proper then, its tantamount to fraud, claiming to be something your not!

It also doesn't bode well for other rescues raising money when people like this are defrauding others. Its difficult enough for rescues to keep the head bobbing above the water, but when people like this muddy those waters, its disgusting.

EDIT, sorry Ill get of my soapbox now, going to feed my buns, and calm down!

Back