• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

don't shout at me (Kay) !!!

mum2buns

Warren Scout
..but I just had to keep bru and ty in last night. It was going to be minus 7 in our area and I knew I wouldn't sleep if they were out. I kept them in a very cold room and will revise my decision today depending on weather forecast. I know I shouldn't do it but I couldn't help myself - please don't shout everyone :oops:

personally i think its the best decision. iknow it was freezing last night and i brought my pair indoors just try not to have them in a heated room and try and ensure they are climatisedd to outside during the day as usually the heating is off in most houses at night x

..but I just had to keep bru and ty in last night. It was going to be minus 7 in our area and I knew I wouldn't sleep if they were out. I kept them in a very cold room and will revise my decision today depending on weather forecast. I know I shouldn't do it but I couldn't help myself - please don't shout everyone :oops:

:D go on keep them in you know you want toooooooo!!

I really, really do as I love having them around - :love: OH not too keen though and they do love playing out.

I was worried about my 3 outside in their playhouse last night. According to our thermometer, at midnight, it was -6 and this morning at 8am it was -10, so it was probably colder than that at some point in between.

They seem fine this morning though. All came bounding out to play when I opened their door.:love:

I know I am probably worrying too much - I should be braver and leave them I know but I'm such a wimp

It's still -7 here and all my buns have been outside sitting in their runs this morning:shock:.

I was going to lock them in 'cos its so cold, but they choose to come out - must be mad!!

One of my pairs was moved inside the week before Xmas as BB was recovering from an operation - that was one less pair to have to worry about last night.

The others have that much hay in their bed areas that they can barely get it, but all of them were fine and hungry as usual when I opened up this morning.

:shock: God you lot are having cold!! We was just -4 max. dread to think what -10 would be like!

I think i would of caved in also tbh. Thats the reason my buns are indoors ones, Id feel to sorry for them out doors in cold weather :oops: That and round here there safer in doors :) oh and like the company more.

I didn't even have to open this thread as soon as I saw the title I said to David 'She kept the boys in the house last night' :lol::lol::lol:
You don't need an excuse to keep them inside:D:lol::lol:

I left my outside buns outside last night and they were absolutely fine just give them extra extra bedding:D:D and I had the same temp as you

Last edited:
I was worried about my 3 outside in their playhouse last night. According to our thermometer, at midnight, it was -6 and this morning at 8am it was -10, so it was probably colder than that at some point in between.

They seem fine this morning though. All came bounding out to play when I opened their door.:love:

same here, i feel like its too cold and this morning it was -5, but when i went out there they came running over lol bless them

no idea what temp it is here ...

... but all my buns (inc babies) are in outside (shed at night) and are fine! It is really cold here too.

All three original babies, mum & dad have been out 'playing' in the snow too. The babies were not too sure (only two of three came out to explore) but the mum & dad loved it!

I use to worry about floppy so i no how your feeling ;) if floppy wasn't such an outsider i probaly would of done same :lol: but he does love it outside ;)

If it was a very cool summers night mum2buns would still say it was to cold for them and bring them in;):lol::lol:
Mind you thats why she was able to have one of my rescues as you cannot fault her on anything:D She is an excellent bunny mummy

Back