• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cage rattling -help

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
I got two bunnies here for boarding, but they are sort of here for re-bonding. Smudge went to Kris, aka starlighstrabbitrescue and found himself a friend but things have been a bit on n off, and they were booked in for boarding on the 15th so they came here early to see if i could help make them fall in love..

They are ina puppy pen made into a rectangle, i havent given them much toys as they chase each other n i dnt want them to fight over toys..

But...since 6pm YESTERDAY rascal has been rattling the pen at one of the corners. She just rattles it non stop, and at 3am last night i gave up n put lots of toys, boredom breakers in there. But she carried on.

she is literally digging at biting at my floorboards where the pen ends, and shaking and biting the pen, why is she doing this?

So far she is the dominant bun, its smudge who seems wary so i doubt she wants away from him.

:?

hmmm thats very strange my petal would do that in the money during feeding time cos ted gets her first, so i think she's just trying to get my attention. but this sounds a bit different, she's either looking attention or bored. maybe if you even put a toilet roll in for her to throw about. sounds like frustration.

It sounds like she's bored. Alfie has absolutely hated being cooped up in the dog crate on the two occasions he's been in it - after neutering and when I rebonded him and Bubbles. Toys didn't work for him either - he just wanted to have space to roam about and explore but I'm not sure what advice to give on how to get around that problem with these two because you don't really want to start giving them more space yet. :?

well is it possible you could let him have a run outside teh pen with them seperated so can see and smell each other not the preffered method but it might calm him down? or distract with food and treats?

well is it possible you could let him have a run outside teh pen with them seperated so can see and smell each other not the preffered method but it might calm him down? or distract with food and treats?

i dont reeeeally want to do that as their bonding is so hit and miss at the moment.

i added tunnels, boxes, hay balls, willow balls n all she does is throw them around, but not in a playful way. she wont sotp digging in the litter tray and tips it upside down all the time, n i feel bad for her bcus shes bored n wants to roam but theyres not much i can do about that :?

i know its contraversial but some rabbits bond in different areas better.. ie chelsea and sooty (the first successful time) ended up doing most of the bonding in a pen outside then only coming indoors in a pen during night(for supervision as they wanted more space than a small dog crate could you try a little more space if it doesnt work then go back to where you were?

Perry is the rattler in my particular bunch. He'll rattle anything, particularly at 5 am! I don't think its much to do with him being bored, cos he only does it at a certain time of the day. I think he's just being a s*d!

ive made the cage bigger slightly and im hoping thew wont fight :? so far they have been okay! rascal is currently snoozing so... ill find out when she wakes up lol

Back