• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

aaaaa rabbit help urgent UD!!!

louise1

Mama Doe
went to pah to get hay today and gorgeous black rabbit in the adoption bit was just poking in to say hello and noticd sh had a VERY gunky eye it was all encrusted into her fur... but other than that looked very happy, asked the person walking around what was wrong with her eye and she said she hadnt noticed it.... i said it obviously wasnt right so asked few more q,s about her like why she was here etc said she was around 5 years old and owner couldnt take care of her anymore.... she took her on the back and bathed her eye and brought her back n sed ill keep an eye on it but im thinking i bet you wont...... if i hadnt pointed it out i could of adopted her today and they wouldnt of even told me and if i wasnt bunny savvy ie just some family wantin a bun for kids etc then would they of bothered with it......................................:censored: i really just wanted to scoop her up n take her home to the vet.... if only she would bond with honey...:censored::censored:

Last edited:
Has the P@H got a vets in it? I once had to point out a poorly bun (not adoption) to staff who whisked it straight to the vets while I was there. I thought the adoption ones were vet checked still? I'm not sure though. Poor bun :(

Same thing happened to me. I spoke to a member of staff about it and then went back a couple of days later to check what had been done about it and also spoke to the manager to raise my concerns. In the end they said it was an allergy to hay and that he had drops and was completely fine. I ended up adopting him because he was clearly not fine and he had a dental the next day where HUGE molar spurs were removed and he had to have his tear ducts flushed. He was also in stasis fro not being able to eat and it was a long journey to get him back to health. :evil: Anyway, I don't go back there anymore because its sadly all too common ..
I would speak to a manager and say that the rabbit needs to see a vet and that you will be back in two days to find out what has been done and how the rabbit is getting on. You could always offer to take the rabbit for nothing as I think this would bypass the legal sitaution of not selling unwell animals? But be prepared for what you might get . .

im sure the adoption it is free anyway or u leave a donation.... i just felt so bad leaving her as se was obviosuly not well..... she was pawing at her eye once they had cleaned it... she was soo friendly i had a little pet just so i could get close to her eye and check it more lol:lol:

They ask a donation - they suggested £5 or £10 to me so I gave them 5!
They shouldn't let her go if they think she is unwell, but thats not to say they won't!
It was the P@H vet that checked the rabbit I adopted and they were completely useless. They told me they had checked his teeth and they were fine :roll:

yeah the one at the fort..... im so worried about it i asked the women if she was spayed and she sed no... and if shes 4/5 thats a shame!! will the vet still spay her?? if i wasnt working today i would go back up!!

phoned and she still there and her eye is still the same:censored::censored: at least av mentioned it again but and maybe it will remind them!!

phoned and she still there and her eye is still the same:censored::censored: at least av mentioned it again but and maybe it will remind them!!

This is only my opinion, but I think you should go and get her. As you know I got Honey because I wanted to help her get better. I have no regrets and I hope Honey is happier living with us.

i would but i have no where to keep her if she didnt bond with honey... i just wanna rush her to the vet her eye look sore and she looks dead sad!!

I adopted a p@h bunny, when I found him in the adoption centre he had a weepy eye which turned out to be connected to dental problems. The staff took him straight out of the adoption area and but him in the back, he went to the vets the next day.
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=152874
The staff were brilliant they got him to the vets and paid over £145 for his treatment, they asked me to contact the vets direct (this was a private practise) as they wanted me to be aware that this could be an ongoing problem. The bunny has now been renamed to Sooty and is happily bonded with my daughters bunny Honey.
He does still have dentals but they are getting further apart.
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=160831

I adopted a p@h bunny, when I found him in the adoption centre he had a weepy eye which turned out to be connected to dental problems. The staff took him straight out of the adoption area and but him in the back, he went to the vets the next day.
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=152874
The staff were brilliant they got him to the vets and paid over £145 for his treatment, they asked me to contact the vets direct (this was a private practise) as they wanted me to be aware that this could be an ongoing problem. The bunny has now been renamed to Sooty and is happily bonded with my daughters bunny Honey.
He does still have dentals but they are getting further apart.
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=160831

ive pointed it out to staff but i just hope they sort it!!!!!!!!!

Back