• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

have i done the right thing? HELP

angieb

Mama Doe
I have a poorly bunny. she stopped eating and is now eating a little and has been to the vets.

Anyway the weather is freezing and is going to be upto -8 tonight so i was really worried!!!! I suggested to my partner about bringing her in tonight and putting them in the spare room. Then he, out of the blue said why dont you bring them both in. :shock::shock::shock:

I had nothing to put them in so we carried the whole runs inside.:roll: Luckly we live in a bungalow so we had no stairs, thank god as i had a sweat on!:lol:

Now, as i am the worlds worst worryer i am worried there going to be to hot and have a massive malt and get fur stuck or just be too hot as they have been outside until tonight.:? Do i leave the patio door on tilt as i can lock it still or just turn the radiator off or is this just defeteing the object?
The room is laminated and i dont want them to scratch it so i have placed them on some spare carpet with a huge fleece over, is this ok?

I know they will have to stay in till spring and this isn't a problem but i am worried they will be happier outside as they have fur coats and all that......:?

oh yes the way that i had to possition the cages means miffy wont get alot of daylight. (which is another worry) :?:?:?:roll::roll::roll:

If your bunny is poorly then it is a good idea to bring them in. Perhaps turn the radiator down or off. I have my radiator turned off in the summer but on low in the winter.

If you have a poorly bunny then yes, i think you've made a good decision as you can keep a closer eye on the bun :)
When i let mine have a run about indoors they get extremely hot and huff and puff so i have to open all my windows.
Keep it cold in there for them :)

They are not bonded and one is fine health wise its just when it gets this cold i do worry. :roll:

I brought one of my bunnies in tonight until the Spring as he has lost an awful lot of weight. This way I can monitor his eating and other habits and generally keep a better eye on his welfare.

A poorly bun will really struggle with the cold at the moment.

Thankyou you are all making me feel better but should i close the window? The radiator is off.......:?

Back